Ladies Thread!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sunshineprincess, Aug 19, 2007.

1. sunshineprincess

sunshineprincess New Member
    Bronze

So, notice that most of the people on the forums are guys ...This one is for us girls.

For Me, I love my iPhone! It lets me be more creative than a regular phone. I change my wallpaper as often as a change my outfit throughout the day...which is atleast 3 times, unless I know I love what I'm wearing at the beginning of the day. (note: I work 2 jobs almost daily) and I know I love to text message so having it "chat" form makes things so much easier. I don't have to exit out and into an in-box if I missed a message from that person. oh, and when I am having a conversation with someone via text message I don't have the disruption of a new message from a new contact. LOVE'N it! Only downfall is not being able to send or receive photos via text, but hey, email is right there too! My problem is, the boyfriend won't tell me his email address for me to send him my new photos...boooo! mainly because he doesn't "do" email...so why did he get a Blackberry?

...anyway...

LADIES, What do you have to say about YOUR iPhone?

2. obcsed

obcsed New Member

Boys will be boys, unfortunately.:rolleyes:

I stood in line on iDay for mine (actually I sat on the floor watching "Hunt for Red October" on my macbook). When I got to the front of the line, I actually grabbed the bag out of the poor guy's hands and broke the speed limit getting home to activate it. It hasn't left my side since. It does everything I expected it to do and more. I'm not a texter but the email function has been a real help. Now I don't have to check it unless I hear that little ding. I love my iPhone.

3. Mark Booth

Mark Booth New Member
    Bronze

Hi Peg!

:)

Mark

4. Fred87nc

Fred87nc New Member
    Bronze

LMAO!

My girl hates my iPhone...maybe it's cause shes secretly jelouse :cool:

5. obcsed

obcsed New Member

Rats! You found me. Don't tell Gary. :laugh2:

6. sunshineprincess

Bronze

wow, totally not interested in that.
    only two men get my heart thumping...
    my boyfriend and ryan gosling.

7. Holly

Holly New Member

Love it!

I've had mine since the first day... I love it! I also change my wallpapers daily. I also change the ring tone several times a week.

Most of the people who notice and comment about my phone are men... interesting! If I wasn't already married, it might be a good conversation starter. smile!

I've found the Apple earbuds are WAAY to big. They leave painful dents in my ears. I'm waiting for Apple (or some third party) to come out with insert phones with the toggle button. Until then, I'll just have to take advil every time I listen with the earphones. <sigh>

8. wjp09

wjp09 Zealot
    Gold

Im sure everyone agrees with you... lol

[​IMG]

9. petalmom

petalmom New Member
    Silver

I felt the same way! You might try these. They fit over the Apple supplied earbuds and feel waaaay better in my ears.

http://www.radioshack.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2202780&cp=2032057.2032187&allCount=15&f=PAD%2FHeadphones+Type%2FHeadphone+accessories&fbx=0&fbc=1&f=Brand%2F1000428%2F&fbn=Brand%2FGriffin+

10. falsetigerlimbs

falsetigerlimbs New Member
    Bronze

I'm a girl too! Woo!

It's weird...it seems like the majority of people who have high-tech phones are guys. That's just not right. Before this I had a Motorola Q, and it was the same way. 90% of the members of the forum I went to were guys. :(

I mainly love my iPhone because I'm really active online, and it makes it really easy for me to browse the internet.

11. Holly

Holly New Member

12. sunshineprincess

Bronze

I started this thread thinking that there ARE girls somewhere in this forum...but where are they? SO, TA-DAH!

anyhoot, I never really knew about forums until I came across a mac forum last summer when I didn't know how to set up bluetooth on my computer and how to link it to my razr. OLD stuff now. I'm now on a Honda-tech forum to get help with my car, I'm not a ricer, BUT I do love my honda!
    then I had questions about my iPhone, and being that I'm the only one i know who has it, I decided once again to search for help on a iPhone forum and here we all are! :cool:

13. n_kat

n_kat New Member
    Bronze

I'm here too. I drove 8 hours and waited 11 hours to get my iPhone on day 1. I'm a technophile so there was never any question about whether I was getting an iPhone on opening day or not.

I use my iPhone every day, most for telephone, calendar and email.

Nicole

14. sunshineprincess

Bronze

LADIES...I know there are new ones around now that the price has dropped, boyfriends and husbands are finally talked into buying the iPhone for ya! just kidding around. My boyfriend paid for mine, boy was that difficult. ANYWAY, how is everyone liking their phones so far. Anyone enjoying the new iTunes option on phone? I like it, BUT...I don't know my info of my iTunes on my computer...don't have an account, haven't bought anything from it it.

and when are we going to be able to send photos via text...I NEED that feature. Boyfriend's blackberry doesn't have camera so, i'd like to text them to him. e-mail is too much work.

suggestions?

15. DrG

DrG Member
    Bronze

Hey all -- Okay, I'm coming out! LOL! I've been a long time lurker --- as you can see by the amount of posts that I have - I was just reading the threads without signing up for membership, then one day I just said, lemme just do this and actually sign up on EIP!

I find this forum to be soo helpful with so many knowledgeable folks around here. Just like you, I LOVE MY iPhone! I use it for everything, from waking me up with the alarm, email, web, sms, iPod, etc. etc. I have always been the techie gal amongst my peers and they always know I'd jump on new tech (heck, come to think of it, my BlackJack is really not that old) well anyway, thanks to this forum and the wonderful minds --- I've modded my iPhone and I LOVE IT! I did not "downgrade" to 1.1.1 - and probably never will unless the apps can be supported, which may never be ---

I sync my music and pictures through my laptop XP (I hate iTunes music management - so I keep my music on my folders and just drag and drop what I want into iTunes) and sync my contacts and calendar using my iBook

Anyway, I know I rambled on so "Let's hear it for the iPhone!"

16. OJsakila

OJsakila New Member

Not that it's a big deal but I have NEVER seen a post that is strictly for males. As of now, however, I have seen a post just for females.... Is this SEXIST?

17. guest 5

guest 5 Member
    Bronze

Yeah, I think I may file a sexual discrimination lawsuit against the OP and this site! I cannot believe this ladies only thing... LOL :p

18. iamtko

iamtko Zealot
    Gold

#18 iamtko, Oct 3, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2014
  19. snarfdog

snarfdog New Member

I was at the Apple store 3 days after the release just to play with the iPhones not really thinking they had any in stock. Then when I was asking questions about the iPhone the employee told me he had one in stock if I was interested so that is how I got my iPhone. Ever since I have been Loving it and can't wait to get more features. I did modd my iPhone but restored it just before the last release so that I could get the iTunes store.

20. JewelDiamond

JewelDiamond New Member
    Bronze

Hey Girls! I have only had my iPhone for about 2 weeks now and I love it. I haven't updated mine to 1.1.1 yet b/c I'm really enjoying ringtoner. lol I love being able to have whatever song or sound I want for my ringtones.