Ladies Thread!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
You realize that in this day and age, that it isn't only women who have long hair. Plenty of male users in this forum can express that, and they can also advise as to what to do if your hair is caught in the bezel.

I digress, then, your point is valid about the contradiction, however, why not just have a general post about hairs and bezels? In fact, I believe, as I have been lurking in this forum for quite a while, that it was posted in a general thread (about the hair catching in the bezel) earlier.

Also, even though I have posted, and expressed my opinion, in no shape or form was I demanding that this thread be locked. I expressed that it should be locked, however, that was an opinionated statement. The mod(s) of this forum don't have to follow suit with my statement. They are able to form their own opinions and judge and decide.

It is really of no concern to me whether or not this thread is locked, however, I do advocate it.
I am absolutely amazed at the fact that both men AND women can have long hair these days and I think you for enlightning me on that matter. While both men and women have long hair these days I still don't see many men wearing around hair ties or other accessories to keep their hair in place, thus the average male user with long hair is AGAIN different than the average female user with long hair. Also, I am sure that you have now noticed that the statement I made was as an example, just one example out of many that I could have used. Continuing on, if you look back to that "other" hair catching thread you refer to then you will actually notice that I did in fact respond in that thread with my own hair catching issues.
Now to refer back to your other thread, if anyone wanted to make a "Gay/Lesbian with iPhone" thread then they have every right to do so. If they wish to meet other Gay or Lesbian users and interact with each other then someone such as yourself is not going to stop them. Forums can also be used as a means of social networking even if you don't want them to be used as such.

It seems as if the only person here being discriminatory and hypocritical is you.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
You realize that in this day and age, that it isn't only women who have long hair. Plenty of male users in this forum can express that, and they can also advise as to what to do if your hair is caught in the bezel.

I digress, then, your point is valid about the contradiction, however, why not just have a general post about hairs and bezels? In fact, I believe, as I have been lurking in this forum for quite a while, that it was posted in a general thread (about the hair catching in the bezel) earlier.
you are taking things WAY too literally. first of all, binks made up a general topic about girls getting their hair caught in the bezel just to prove a point, even though there had been a previous topic about it(in which was mainly males forum users).

also i do not think that the "ladies thread" was created in any way to exclude ANYONE, but instead, created to discuss the topics that may effect the female population more than the male.

and as creator of the "gentlemen's thread", i hereby state that i created this thread just to tease/poke fun of the girls thread. i was just goofing around and i wanted to see if i could get a little fun going around the forums. as a male, i was not offended that she decided to create a topic with the intent of talking about things that may or may not effect women more than men. in fact, i found it rather interesting to see a women's perspective on the iPhone their comments/concerns.

i think that you are just stirring up a bunch of $h!7 for no reason, but like you mentioned earliar, you are allowed to express these opinions. either way writing all this has irritated me so i'm sorry if i did not spell check.

rvaswan1103

Jul 23, 2007
you are taking things WAY too literally. first of all, binks made up a general topic about girls getting their hair caught in the bezel just to prove a point, even though there had been a previous topic about it(in which was mainly males forum users).

also i do not think that the "ladies thread" was created in any way to exclude ANYONE, but instead, created to discuss the topics that may effect the female population more than the male.

and as creator of the "gentlemen's thread", i hereby state that i created this thread just to tease/poke fun of the girls thread. i was just goofing around and i wanted to see if i could get a little fun going around the forums. as a male, i was not offended that she decided to create a topic with the intent of talking about things that may or may not effect women more than men. in fact, i found it rather interesting to see a women's perspective on the iPhone their comments/concerns.

i think that you are just stirring up a bunch of $h!7 for no reason, but like you mentioned earliar, you are allowed to express these opinions. either way writing all this has irritated me so i'm sorry if i did not spell check.
It wasn't my intention to irritate, although now that you have explained a different side of the story, which I apologize for not analyzing before, I do see a certain validity concerning these threads. I retract my earlier statements. I may also just be cruising for a bruising at this time, because I drank too much beer the other day, and my mind still isn't in its rightful state. Sorry to troll, as some may call it, and I hope that all is forgiven. It was only my intention to hope that some were not excluded from certain threads.

I see, now, as it all makes sense to me. This thread is intended for concerns women have with their iPhone, but it also does not exclude others from replying. At first, I thought the designated intention of this thread was "girls only ! no guys", however, I see that I was incorrect in that assumption. Please forgive me for my oversight.

Although, I have one question to ask. Women, who generally speaking have longer hair than those of the opposite sex, get their hair caught in the bezel, but what would be male concerns with the bezel ? Perhaps, if your beard is too long then it may get caught in the bezel ?

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
Last edited by a moderator:

rvaswan1103

Jul 23, 2007
it's all explained here:
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/snags-hair.11909/

and also,
everythings chill.
Excellent. I honestly think I'm still sobering up from the Oktoberfest beer on Saturday. I'm surprised that I was able to navigate my car to work. Yes, if you feel I am using an ostentatious vocabulary, you are correct in that respect. I usually limit my vocabulary in regular speech (mostly because I don't really care to use something so verbose and confusing to certain individuals who are vocabulary challenged, plus the fact that my normal speech pattern doesn't include that type of vocabulary [most likely not you, especially if you are inclined to post on a specialized forum such as this]), however, I believe the drunken stupor I have been stuck in since this Saturday has laxed a part of my brain that cannot control what I type, which is resulting in me sounding really strange at the current moment.

I wonder if I should inebriate myself when writing/typing school papers, as they may sound more intelligent. I usually stress to write better and at a higher vocabulary level than normal colloquial or conversational speech when typing a paper, but I think it doesn't come across as easily as it is now.

As for everything being chill, that is excellent; I didn't mean to come off as a pompous ass in my first post.

Last edited by a moderator:

jivey

Sep 25, 2007
I am a recent iPhone owner and a female. I love the idea for this thread! As a female computer teacher I know first hand how women are out numbered when it comes to gadgets.

Yeah! I'm typing this from my iPhone, I think I'm getting the hang of this keyboard.

Jennifer

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I am a recent iPhone owner and a female. I love the idea for this thread! As a female computer teacher I know first hand how women are out numbered when it comes to gadgets.

Yeah! I'm typing this from my iPhone, I think I'm getting the hang of this keyboard.

Jennifer
Sweetness. How long ago did you get your iPhone? Also, those are some pretty good typing skills. Haha, thank you Apple for the correction software :laugh2:. I would be dead without it.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
Sweetness. How long ago did you get your iPhone? Also, those are some pretty good typing skills. Haha, thank you Apple for the correction software :laugh2:. I would be dead without it.
no seriously, DEAD

oh and CONGRATS! on the new iPhone!
i love to surf the EIP forums on it >.<;

jivey

Sep 25, 2007
Thanks everyone! I got my iPhone last Wednesday, but didn't activate it until Thursday. Yeah you gotta Apple's spell correction. :laugh2:

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I got my iPhone during the first weekend but the 8GB were gone by Sunday so I got the 4GB. I would love to have the 8GB but I'll make do with what I have :).

I work in an IT department but so far I'm the only one to get an iPhone though they all love it and want to use it and see what it can do.

I use it all the time - text, email, wifi, IPod are the most frequent apps. I didn't hack mine though I was tempted to.
Welcome.:) We really like guys are girls here. Equally well. I didn't mod my phone either!

sunshineprincess

Bronze
Aug 9, 2007
How do YOU...?

So, how does everyone use the keyboard? I use my right middle finger...I've tried using both hands and I cannot type a single word without out messing it up.

also good news today. I just got the job at the Apple store where I'm located. I'm SUPER excited. The manager seemed excited to. :laugh2:YIPPIE!

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
So, how does everyone use the keyboard? I use my right middle finger...I've tried using both hands and I cannot type a single word without out messing it up.

also good news today. I just got the job at the Apple store where I'm located. I'm SUPER excited. The manager seemed excited to. :laugh2:YIPPIE!
Congrats to you. One favor though, your choice of color font (this fuschia thing you got going) is killing me; especially on a white background.

Again..congrats.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007

Congratz on the job! Just remember to PM me with any news your not supposed to talk about ;););)

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007

I use my little finger. I've become quite good at it and I rarely miss.
Congratulations on the job.