Lag on apps opening after 1.1.1 jailbreak - Help

spampy22

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
OK, so I used to have 1.0.2 Jailbreaked via iBrickr and now have 1.1.1 jailbreaked via 1 click method for Windows. I have noticed a major lag when I open up applications on the phone. Especially the Status Bar at the top taking longer than the rest of the app to load. Is this a common problem with the 1.1.1 break? I have restored a few times to see if this was just one time problem, but it seems to happen each time I break 1.1.1

Chime in please

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I don't seem to have this problem. But if you list a specific app I can time it.

FWIW I am running Summerboard 3.0a11 and have "Theme Status Bar" set to Off.

--
Mike

spampy22

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
Tinman,

If you open up your email, the Status Bar will turn Grey with the rest the app at the same time , but with the jailbreak in lags about 1 second before changing color like the rest of the app.

I just seems to take longer.

By the way thanks for all of your efforts on this site. You rock!

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Tinman,

If you open up your email, the Status Bar will turn Grey with the rest the app at the same time , but with the jailbreak in lags about 1 second before changing color like the rest of the app.

I just seems to take longer.

By the way thanks for all of your efforts on this site. You rock!
Thanks!

BTW: I opened the Mail app but could not detect any delay. The black status bar seemlessly changed to gray just as the app opened. For the heck of it I turned Theme Status Bar to On, but that made no difference.

Sure you don't have any app installed as a service, that might be causing this? (Ants, Dock, etc.).

--
Mike

spampy22

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
I just realized I was not running the latest version of SummerBoard so I updated to the latest version and it is perfect now.

Now for that darn Customize app being so tempermental is a whole other story. :laugh2:

Thanks