Laggy, Slow and glitch like texting.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
So whenever im in SMS and i have music playing, typing is laggy/glitchy and the SMS bubbles sometimes don't display correctly as well as sending the message out really slowly. Sometimes it'll even skip my music when trying to type or send a message.

Anyone else experience this with 3.0?

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
My iPhone is starting to do this. I had this problem once I started jailbreaking back on 2.x. I think I just have so many mods done to the phone, it starts to lag the keyboard, etc.

Could be a result of jailbreaking...

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Hey London, ive had various sms / typing issues with 3.0. the 3.1 update seems to be rectifying most of them that ive had.

Mar 2, 2009
California
So whenever im in SMS and i have music playing, typing is laggy/glitchy and the SMS bubbles sometimes don't display correctly as well as sending the message out really slowly. Sometimes it'll even skip my music when trying to type or send a message.

Anyone else experience this with 3.0?
Exact same problem here. It seems worse when I have it plugged into my charger. Since my car is built to play iPhone / iPod music, on my way home I have it charge and I play music. The texting lags for a good 5 seconds or more sometimes when trying to type. It only seems to do this while being charged. If I'm out and about with music playing and I use SMS, don't really have a problem.

djwindsor

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2009
Neponsit, NY
Try this......

There are numerous APPs which free memory. Some are better than others. I assume your phone is jail broken. I don't recall which tweak I downloaded from Cydia but what it does is show the amount of memory you have available at the top of your screen. When mine starts getting low, I just run a free memory app. The new version of free momory (for 3.0) is really good. There is a quick mode and a game mode (to maximize memory). Use those and I can assure you that you will have an easier time with your apps.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
MY phone isn't jailbroken, never has been. I haven't jailbroken my new 3g, however my old 3g was jailbroken for quite a while pre 3.0 and even tho there was a tiny bit of lag on 2.0-2.1 it was nothing like application lag, typing lag, sending lag, multiple typing app lag (safari, notes, sms, maps). The ONLY non lag application is search.

The 3g im using right now has been stock ever since july 16th however IMHO i think the 3.0 update was shoddily done and rushed out to please the masses and the hype of the 3GS.... thereforee it has a lot of issues/glitches/breaches.

I hope they correct all this with 3.1 BUT the irony in this is that i wont update to 3.1 until the devteam make ultrasn0w 100% successful unlock for it.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
There are numerous APPs which free memory. Some are better than others. I assume your phone is jail broken. I don't recall which tweak I downloaded from Cydia but what it does is show the amount of memory you have available at the top of your screen. When mine starts getting low, I just run a free memory app. The new version of free momory (for 3.0) is really good. There is a quick mode and a game mode (to maximize memory). Use those and I can assure you that you will have an easier time with your apps.
FWIW, you don't need all that crap. Just re-spring if you have SBsettings. If you're not jailbroken a simple restart (on/off/on) of the phone will free the memory. No need to download a "tweak" application that takes up a few mb of space just to free up space.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
FWIW, you don't need all that crap. Just re-spring if you have SBsettings. If you're not jailbroken a simple restart (on/off/on) of the phone will free the memory. No need to download a "tweak" application that takes up a few mb of space just to free up space.
sbSettings also now has a free up memory app built in. It acts as a task manager. Works well, although can cause the occasional crash of the springboard

atldvd

Bronze
Jan 8, 2008
N.E. Oklahoma
My non-jailbroken iPhone 3G was noticeably slower after 3.0 update. Resets made no difference so I guess it wasn't a low memory problem. I did a restore and that seemed to help quite a bit. I don't know why, since the 3.0 upgrade was itself a restore, wasn't it? Anyway it is better now, but I'm still really looking forward to 3.1.