Landscape E-mail

mbhforum

Sep 14, 2007
Does anyone find typing on the iPhone a pain in the ass. I use my thumb (as I am also a Blackberry user) and constantly mistype words. I think it would be much easier if the keyboard wasn't so cramped. The question remains, why would Apple allow you to use Safari in Landscape mode and not with e-mails so it can spread the keyboard out a little more?

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
Does anyone find typing on the iPhone a pain in the ass. I use my thumb (as I am also a Blackberry user) and constantly mistype words. I think it would be much easier if the keyboard wasn't so cramped. The question remains, why would Apple allow you to use Safari in Landscape mode and not with e-mails so it can spread the keyboard out a little more?
I'm pretty sure Apple kind of rushed the iPhone to the market. Coding in the ability to see a program in landscape isn't as easy. This new version they introduced seeing email attachments in landscape, and I am sure as each patch comes out they'll start making more and more of their programs work in landscape (ie Notes and Sms).

I am pretty sure this is where someone chimes in and says, "Don't expect Apple to update anything, I bought my iPhone not expecting any updates and anyone that does expect them is stupid."

Realistically the OS on iPhone is Apples new OS which they are using on iPod touch. Expect these updates.