Landscape Springboard

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
I was thinking that it would be pretty cool if we could have a homescreen where the icons would turn to the side like safari does. Is there anything out there that enables such a feature? I'm surprised no one has thought of this. Or, maybe they have and it's just not possible?

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I was thinking that it would be pretty cool if we could have a homescreen where the icons would turn to the side like safari does. Is there anything out there that enables such a feature? I'm surprised no one has thought of this. Or, maybe they have and it's just not possible?
I'm not surprised. No offense, but how would that help anything?

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
I would like to see certain apps that are landscape ready, but one of the issues with a landscape springboard that I see is if you launch an app like google maps or weather, it would also have to be landscape otherwise you are just going to wind up tilting the phone over and over again. The whole look and interface of those apps would have to be re-written. It would make sense for something like the SMS app but it would mean a major over haul on all the code on the phone. Thats just my thoughts anyway,

iNoob

Sep 2, 2007
I remember that u used to be able to do that in one of the older versions of iFuntastic... I think it was 1.03

Pz_N

Oct 10, 2009
There is. You can jailbreak an ipod touch or an iPhone and get the app cydia. with cydia you can download programs that can make it so.