Laptop chipped paint

Smarty2600

Bronze
Apr 23, 2011
I was hoping someone might have some advice to stop a paint chip on my toshiba laptop from getting any bigger. My laptop had an unfortunate fall and hit the ground chipping some paint off it's lovely black corner and now revealing a silver color underneath, how can I cover up the chip without making it worse and in general preventing it from getting a larger chip should another accident incur?

Here's some pictures to show the unfortunate damage. Thanks for any advice!

Attachments

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
When I bought my laptop around the second day I noticed my watch was resting on the edge. (opposite side of your chipped paint) I used an old screen protector from a phone and cut it to match the contour of the pc's edge. It has worked well. This may stop you paint lose.

Target

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
When I bought my laptop around the second day I noticed my watch was resting on the edge. (opposite side of your chipped paint) I used an old screen protector from a phone and cut it to match the contour of the pc's edge. It has worked well. This may stop you paint lose.

Target

You could have avoided all of that work by not wearing a watch while using the computer. :p

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
You could have avoided all of that work by not wearing a watch while using the computer. :p
Let's agree to disagree. Or perhaps I didn't explain this very well. I spent 30-seconds on this simple solution. I move fast and am on the PC 15-20 times a day. I wear a nice watch that I shouldn't make a habit of sitting on the desk in our semi-public office. And I did this two-years ago. Hardly "all that work."

Target

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Let's agree to disagree. Or perhaps I didn't explain this very well. I spent 30-seconds on this simple solution. I move fast and am on the PC 15-20 times a day. I wear a nice watch that I shouldn't make a habit of sitting on the desk in our semi-public office. And I did this two-years ago. Hardly "all that work."

Target

Perhaps you did not catch my joke. lol

Smarty2600

Bronze
Apr 23, 2011
Thanks everyone for the quick replies, the screen protector solution sounds easy enough. I was thinking about tape but afraid that would pull off more paint if it if ever got ripped but screen protectors are gentler.