Laptop won't power on and need to sync with iTunes?

JWB

Bronze
Nov 8, 2011
My laptop won't power up so I need to sync my wife's and my iPhones to our other computer. Any suggestions? Is it easy to do?

Sent using iCafe app

AdamDaieh

Bronze
Jan 17, 2013
California
My laptop won't power up so I need to sync my wife's and my iPhones to our other computer. Any suggestions? Is it easy to do?

Sent using iCafe app
Try to do to the hard reset. Remove power adapter, remove battery, press power button for 15 seconds - without battery, put the battery back and the plug the power adapter and turn it on again.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Try to do to the hard reset. Remove power adapter, remove battery, press power button for 15 seconds - without battery, put the battery back and the plug the power adapter and turn it on again.
Sorry bud, iPhones don't have a removable battery and a hard reset wouldn't help in this situation anyway. That isn't the procedure for a hard reset anyhow.

If you normally sync your devices to your laptop and try to sync them to another computer you could have problems depending on how you sync contacts, calendars, notes, music, email, etc. Do you use iCloud for contacts of anything else?

Please give more detailed info on how and what you sync to your phones.

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
Sorry bud, iPhones don't have a removable battery and a hard reset wouldn't help in this situation anyway. That isn't the procedure for a hard reset anyhow.
Don't think he was talking about removing the battery from the iPhone. This is a common way to reset some brands of laptops.

To the op question. Yes this can be done but take caution in doing so, there are several ways to screw up and lose your stuff.

Provide as much info as you can and kadelic and others can help you. There are step by step guides also, but I would review several and look at the common parts.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Don't jump the gun when responding to posts. Read them carefuly so you can answer the OP's question to the best of your ability.

JWB

Bronze
Nov 8, 2011
Ok. I have iTunes on another computer. How do I sync my phone on iTunes using a new computer without it wiping out all my music and apps on my phone? Sorry I wasn't really clear earlier

Sent using iCafe app

JWB

Bronze
Nov 8, 2011
Just a bad power supply. Thanks all for your help. Laptop works fine

Sent using iCafe app