Larger iPhone screen for FY14

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by liberated, Sep 6, 2013.

1. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

2. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

Hmmm...maybe I should wait this one out until next year.

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I saw this rumor somewhere. That's right, on this site.:ROFLMAO:

#3 chris, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited: May 27, 2015
  4. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

well even tho it's still yet to be confirmed. like i have been saying for the past 2 years. some folks just like bigger screens. and for thoes who made fun out of my comments. for some strange reason i don't think they will be making fun out of them anymore if Apple does offer bigger screens. and the reason they won't make fun of it. is because it's finally Apple who's making them. i will say it again here again for the recoprd "resistance is futile" step up or move to the back of the bus;)

5. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

So people that disagree are making fun out of you? Some people like larger screens, some may not. I'm not going to research and read a bazillion threads/posts, but I doubt anyone really said Apple would NEVER make a larger screen.

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Would be nice since it's obviously in demand, but if you pay attention to the rumors, it's not looking good for this year. We probably won't see one until next year. I'm happy as long as they continue to offer a 4" screen.

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I actually believe Apple will offer a larger screen next year despite the fact that the "larger screen " rumors have been around for at least a couple of years.

8. nbpoppy

nbpoppy New Member

I was not overly impressed with the 5S, I really want/need a larger screen. I'm not into the opposition and so I'll update my 4S on 18th and see what developes.

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Well, it will be a little larger at least. 1/2" doesn't sound like much, but it makes the 4S' screen seem quite a bit smaller by comparison. Viewing videos in 16:9 is really nice.

10. Ms Cola

Ms Cola Member
    Bronze

All the other companies has copied off of Apples technology. Why should Apple copy them now making a larger screen because they have? When we had big phones everybody wanted a small phone so now everybody want a BIG phone again?

Sent using iCafe app

11. nbpoppy

nbpoppy New Member

Simply because a good proportion of customers want. Larger screen. Simples!

Sent using iCafe app

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It's easy to get caught up in the who-copied-who battles, but it's the nature of competition and they all borrow from and learn from each other. It doesn't really matter, especially with features like bigger screens. It's not genius ingenuity that's being stolen; it's just a different size of the same product.

Apple needs to provide the features people are demanding and that are available on other platforms or they are going to lose some of their customer base. There are pros and cons and not everyone's priorities are the same. It's just the direction some manufactures went and it became very popular. I'm guessing that Apple will finally add a large screen iPhone to their line up next year. It's overdue.

13. medenblik

medenblik Contributor
    Silver

i hope Apple does go with a larger screen...i would say 4.7 or 4.8 inch screen would be perfect

14. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Ms Cola, I have news, Apple already has copied from Android and other OS, have you seen iOS 7? In any event, companies copy and that's ok as the items copied are generally popular with people, so we all win in the end.

15. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

It's all good until someone steals something belonging to you, right?

16. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.... That's what my mom used to tell me when I was little. Of course stealing is wrong. Perhaps I did not explain myself clearly. I meant that features that are useful and liked by many, tend to be "emulated" by others, and that, is good :D

17. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I hate getting into this because the "stealing" argument is kind of lame, but I can't resist this time. You do know that toggles were available on iOS (jailbroken) before the first Android phone came out, right? That's just one example. A lot of the software features Android has had over the years that weren't stock on iOS were available on jailbroken iPhones first. It amazes me when people think things like copy and paste are brilliant innovations that have to be "stolen" from other platforms to exist on the iPhone. Computers have had these features long before phones. Many are no-brainers. Apple would have implemented them regardless if Cydia or Android had them first.

18. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I corrected my argument from stealing to emulating. Nevertheless, if you read my post, I mentioned Apple, not the jailbreak developers (two different things)

19. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I'm not sure if you understood my point. You were saying Apple stole/emulated iOS features from Android. My point was that iOS had many of them before Android did; they just weren't stock.

20. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Yes, that's true. I just want to make my point clear in that I believe this behavior is the norm with companies. They all emulate each other with features that are popular.