Larger iPhone screen for FY14

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
well even tho it's still yet to be confirmed. like i have been saying for the past 2 years. some folks just like bigger screens. and for thoes who made fun out of my comments. for some strange reason i don't think they will be making fun out of them anymore if Apple does offer bigger screens. and the reason they won't make fun of it. is because it's finally Apple who's making them. i will say it again here again for the recoprd "resistance is futile" step up or move to the back of the bus;)

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
well even tho it's still yet to be confirmed. like I have been saying for the past 2 years. some folks just like bigger screens. and for thoes who made fun out of my comments. for some strange reason I don't think they will be making fun out of them anymore if Apple does offer bigger screens. and the reason they won't make fun of it. is because it's finally Apple who's making them. I will say it again here again for the recoprd "resistance is futile" step up or move to the back of the bus;)
So people that disagree are making fun out of you? Some people like larger screens, some may not. I'm not going to research and read a bazillion threads/posts, but I doubt anyone really said Apple would NEVER make a larger screen.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Would be nice since it's obviously in demand, but if you pay attention to the rumors, it's not looking good for this year. We probably won't see one until next year. I'm happy as long as they continue to offer a 4" screen.

nbpoppy

Nov 30, 2010
Blackpool UK
I was not overly impressed with the 5S, I really want/need a larger screen. I'm not into the opposition and so I'll update my 4S on 18th and see what developes.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I was not overly impressed with the 5S, I really want/need a larger screen. I'm not into the opposition and so I'll update my 4S on 18th and see what developes.
Well, it will be a little larger at least. 1/2" doesn't sound like much, but it makes the 4S' screen seem quite a bit smaller by comparison. Viewing videos in 16:9 is really nice.

Ms Cola

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
www.marykay.com
All the other companies has copied off of Apples technology. Why should Apple copy them now making a larger screen because they have? When we had big phones everybody wanted a small phone so now everybody want a BIG phone again?

Sent using iCafe app

nbpoppy

Nov 30, 2010
Blackpool UK
All the other companies has copied off of Apples technology. Why should Apple copy them now making a larger screen because they have? When we had big phones everybody wanted a small phone so now everybody want a BIG phone again?

Sent using iCafe app
Simply because a good proportion of customers want. Larger screen. Simples!

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It's easy to get caught up in the who-copied-who battles, but it's the nature of competition and they all borrow from and learn from each other. It doesn't really matter, especially with features like bigger screens. It's not genius ingenuity that's being stolen; it's just a different size of the same product.

Apple needs to provide the features people are demanding and that are available on other platforms or they are going to lose some of their customer base. There are pros and cons and not everyone's priorities are the same. It's just the direction some manufactures went and it became very popular. I'm guessing that Apple will finally add a large screen iPhone to their line up next year. It's overdue.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007

Sent using iCafe app
Ms Cola, I have news, Apple already has copied from Android and other OS, have you seen iOS 7? In any event, companies copy and that's ok as the items copied are generally popular with people, so we all win in the end.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
It's all good until someone steals something belonging to you, right?
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.... That's what my mom used to tell me when I was little. Of course stealing is wrong. Perhaps I did not explain myself clearly. I meant that features that are useful and liked by many, tend to be "emulated" by others, and that, is good :D

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Ms Cola, I have news, Apple already has copied from Android and other OS, have you seen iOS 7? In any event, companies copy and that's ok as the items copied are generally popular with people, so we all win in the end.
I hate getting into this because the "stealing" argument is kind of lame, but I can't resist this time. You do know that toggles were available on iOS (jailbroken) before the first Android phone came out, right? That's just one example. A lot of the software features Android has had over the years that weren't stock on iOS were available on jailbroken iPhones first. It amazes me when people think things like copy and paste are brilliant innovations that have to be "stolen" from other platforms to exist on the iPhone. Computers have had these features long before phones. Many are no-brainers. Apple would have implemented them regardless if Cydia or Android had them first.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I hate getting into this because the "stealing" argument is kind of lame, but I can't resist this time. You do know that toggles were available on iOS (jailbroken) before the first Android phone came out, right? That's just one example. A lot of the software features Android has had over the years that weren't stock on iOS were available on jailbroken iPhones first. It amazes me when people think things like copy and paste are brilliant innovations that have to be "stolen" from other platforms to exist on the iPhone. Computers have had these features long before phones. Many are no-brainers. Apple would have implemented them regardless if Cydia or Android first.
I corrected my argument from stealing to emulating. Nevertheless, if you read my post, I mentioned Apple, not the jailbreak developers (two different things)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I corrected my argument from stealing to emulating. Nevertheless, if you read my post, I mentioned Apple, not the jailbreak developers (two different things)
I'm not sure if you understood my point. You were saying Apple stole/emulated iOS features from Android. My point was that iOS had many of them before Android did; they just weren't stock.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I'm not sure if you understood my point. You were saying Apple stole/emulated iOS features from Android. My point was that iOS had many of them before Android did; they just weren't stock.
Yes, that's true. I just want to make my point clear in that I believe this behavior is the norm with companies. They all emulate each other with features that are popular.