Last iCloud backup could not be completed

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tecknoes

Sep 19, 2010
My iPad backs up to the iCloud every day fine, but the iPhone 4 won't backup at all to the iCloud, saying "the last backup could not be completed" I've been trying for two weeks now with no success ......... has anyone got a solution please?

iPhone plugged in to power supply
WiFi on
Screen locked
.......... all as per instructions

Thanks in advance for any replies ....... Gerry N

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I had the same problems at first. Went into the settings for what is actually backed up and turned off the photos. Did a back up no problem. Then turned photos back on and it backed up again with no problems & has been since. ? Worth a try

tecknoes

Sep 19, 2010
Thanks for the replies .....

I've got 3.6gig free it says and both the iPad 2 and iPhone 4 are on the same account, I wasn't aware you could have two accounts? My Wifi is a good 6Mbit connection.

Just altered the iCloud backup to exclude camera roll and photo stream, it starts to backup saying "estimating time 1min ...2min ..... 3min..." and then packs up as before ........ Zlich!

I’ve been in computing for the last 30 years, started way back in the CP/M days long before MSDOS and Windows, I've done almost everything, building hardware, writing software, selling and repairing them and my motto is ........ “Never Trust a Computer Completely” perhaps I'll include the iPhone and iPad now!

Nos Vemos .................. Gerry N .........Sent from my iPad