Last iCloud backup could not be completed

Discussion in 'iCloud' started by tecknoes, Jun 23, 2012.

1. tecknoes

tecknoes New Member

My iPad backs up to the iCloud every day fine, but the iPhone 4 won't backup at all to the iCloud, saying "the last backup could not be completed" I've been trying for two weeks now with no success ......... has anyone got a solution please?

iPhone plugged in to power supply
    WiFi on
    Screen locked
    .......... all as per instructions

Thanks in advance for any replies ....... Gerry N

2. Troubleina

Troubleina Member
    Bronze

How much space do you have? Also, are they the same account or different? You can check both in settings.

3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

I had the same problems at first. Went into the settings for what is actually backed up and turned off the photos. Did a back up no problem. Then turned photos back on and it backed up again with no problems & has been since. ? Worth a try

4. tecknoes

tecknoes New Member

Thanks for the replies .....

I've got 3.6gig free it says and both the iPad 2 and iPhone 4 are on the same account, I wasn't aware you could have two accounts? My Wifi is a good 6Mbit connection.

Just altered the iCloud backup to exclude camera roll and photo stream, it starts to backup saying "estimating time 1min ...2min ..... 3min..." and then packs up as before ........ Zlich!

I’ve been in computing for the last 30 years, started way back in the CP/M days long before MSDOS and Windows, I've done almost everything, building hardware, writing software, selling and repairing them and my motto is ........ “Never Trust a Computer Completely” perhaps I'll include the iPhone and iPad now!

Nos Vemos .................. Gerry N .........Sent from my iPad