Last minute hardware/software upgrades like last year?

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Last year Apple upgraded the screen from plastic to glass and added YouTube within the last week or so before release. Do you think they will do something similar this year?

miphone

Jun 19, 2007
Herndon, Va
Last year Apple upgraded the screen from plastic to glass and added YouTube within the last week or so before release. Do you think they will do something similar this year?
I don't think so...but its possible they might add some small stuff...for example:copy & paste or maybe even flash:laugh2:! but i remember last year we were finding out new things up until iDay so lets see what happens..12 more days!:laugh2:

cfarag

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I don't think so...but its possible they might add some small stuff...for example:copy & paste or maybe even flash:laugh2:! but i remember last year we were finding out new things up until iDay so lets see what happens..12 more days!:laugh2:
Those announcements last year were marketing ploys. Those features were there from the beginning of the manufacturing process. There is no way they can add functionality to a device that is less than 2 weeks from launch

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Those announcements last year were marketing ploys. Those features were there from the beginning of the manufacturing process. There is no way they can add functionality to a device that is less than 2 weeks from launch
Um well that's what I'm saying, what if there are features that have been there from the beginning of the iPhone 3G but they are holding off to mention them... it's not so crazy to think about considering they did this exact thing last year, with both hardware and software

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
No way Apple changed all the screens last year from plastic to glass with one week remaining. Maybe they didn't announce the change until the last week, but they didn't build all of the iPhones sold on iday in one week.

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
one should get deleted tho right
I don't think the OP of the other thread would be able to delete a whole thread...just their own individual messages. I don't even think one can delete a message--you just have to edit it and simply replace all the text with a period or something.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
no i mean by the editor or whatever, don't they delete threads that are exactly the same?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Sometimes they can combine very similar threads. I only Kabeyun and Chris can do it though.
True. Macgirl and i can't do that at the time. Neither can we ban at the moment, as our ban hammer seems to have disappeared in the upgrades.

- John

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
True. Macgirl and i can't do that at the time. Neither can we ban at the moment, as our ban hammer seems to have disappeared in the upgrades.

- John
I try to pay attention around here.;)

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007

- John
Disappeared?! Freedom of speech lives again!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Disappeared?! Freedom of speech lives again!
Not necessarily - we can still hand out infractions - but banning is gone for the time being.

- John