Last picture from my iPhone 4

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 3, 2009
Been a long time iPhone owner. Since THE iPhone. When THE iPhone was a "geek" phone. Sort of sorry to see it go, but alas the 4S just isn't enough of an upgrade for me. I might come back to the 5 or 6 but for now.....

So long iPhone. Hello sexier Galaxy SII.

I still have a MacPro, a MacBook Pro, a Apple TV2, iPad2 and a couple iPod Touches floating around here that I love. I think that says enough about the 4S right there. But i'll still be around to chat about those other devices.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zipur

Bronze
Aug 26, 2011
Texas
The Iforce is too strong, you will not be able to sleep, your default web page will be Apple. You google will feel old next month when an even newer one comes out. You will find yourself putting all your apps neatly in line just line iPhone.
You'll be back, they all come back. Your know why... SIRI Says So...

Oct 3, 2009
The Iforce is too strong, you will not be able to sleep, your default web page will be Apple. You google will feel old next month when an even newer one comes out. You will find yourself putting all your apps neatly in line just line iPhone.
You'll be back, they all come back. Your know why... SIRI Says So...
hahaha

Like I said, might come back for the 5 or 6. Siri won't cut it. Seems like it will be a novilty like facetime but I wouldn't use it much. If I want the weather, now I just glance at my phone. It's right there. SII has many voice commanded actions already. Google already has voice search. I don't need my phone talking to me. Gonna do that in a meeting? Sitting watching tv with the family? Not me.

theorioles33

Evangelist
Silver
Jul 21, 2007
USA
Been a long time iPhone owner. Since THE iPhone. When THE iPhone was a "geek" phone. Sort of sorry to see it go, but alas the 4S just isn't enough of an upgrade for me. I might come back to the 5 or 6 but for now.....

So long iPhone. Hello sexier Galaxy SII.

I still have a MacPro, a MacBook Pro, a Apple TV2, iPad2 and a couple iPod Touches floating around here that I love. I think that says enough about the 4S right there. But i'll still be around to chat about those other devices.
Why would you do that and throw off your whole Apple ecosystem?

And there's nothing sexier than an iPhone! :)

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Home screen apps are replaceable if that particular "UI" doesn't work for you.

Don't forget Amazon will get you a free app a day.

Long press home to quick flip between apps.

Airsync will wirelessly sync to your iTunes though I've no clue if they have a Mac client.

The best way to extend battery is to manage your wifi/2G/3G/gps antennas using the widgets and make sure wifi sleeps when the screen is off.

Should be: home | menu | wireless | wifi settings | menu | advanced | wifi sleep policy

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Oct 3, 2009
Why would you do that and throw off your whole Apple ecosystem?
I know. That's also what the wife said. She still has her iPhone. I just wanted a new experience. I am in no way counting out the iPhone for the future. But the 4S just didn't tiddle my winks.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
First pic with the S2....sales pictures for my iPhone 4. :p
quite the difference between these two pics in clarity and size. lighting conditions were identical?. if so then no wonder the new camera on the 4s

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
No, not the same lighting. Not even in the same room of the house. Not a fair comparison of the 2 cameras.
Size of the pics indicative of the cameras, your upload from the SGS2 rendered larger in the forum.

Oct 3, 2009
Size of the pics indicative of the cameras, your upload from the SGS2 rendered larger in the forum.

That's a function of the photobucket upload app. I had the iPhone app set to upload 640x480. The S2 is set to 800x600. But still. Pics arent close. It's not even a fair comparison. The iPhone pic was taken in low light and we know how it handles low light. The S2 pics were taken in the kitchen with lots of light so people could see how goo condition the iPhone is even though it's a year and a half old.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
I dunno if that's a good thing but it sounds cool. LOL
Do you have any scratches on your iPhone 4 screen? The glass front is quite resistant and with the SGS2 the bump at the back at the base and camera serve to reduce scratching. With decent care I find a silicone back is enough to cover the few occasions that I actually drop the thing.

theorioles33

Evangelist
Silver
Jul 21, 2007
USA
I know. That's also what the wife said. She still has her iPhone. I just wanted a new experience. I am in no way counting out the iPhone for the future. But the 4S just didn't tiddle my winks.
I did the same thing myself over the last few months. Tried the HTC Inspire, Samsung Infuse and the HTC HD7S phones. None of them lasted more than a few weeks. I just cant quit the iPhone and iOS. Theres just something about the experience that I cant get from another mobile OS.

Oct 3, 2009
I did the same thing myself over the last few months. Tried the HTC Inspire, Samsung Infuse and the HTC HD7S phones. None of them lasted more than a few weeks. I just cant quit the iPhone and iOS. Theres just something about the experience that I cant get from another mobile OS.
If I really get buyers remorse then I have the 30 days. But so far I like the S2.

Do you have any scratches on your iPhone 4 screen? The glass front is quite resistant and with the SGS2 the bump at the back at the base and camera serve to reduce scratching. With decent care I find a silicone back is enough to cover the few occasions that I actually drop the thing.
When I got the S2 I got them to throw in a Ballistic case and a screen guard for free. I upgrade all my phones each year. The iPhone 4 was the only exception because the cycle went to a year and a half. I like the phone to be in perfect shape when I sell it for top dollar. My iPhone 4 has a front and back Zag (took the front off last night) and it was in the otter box since a week after it was new. No scratches on it at all. With the fresh iOS install it looks brand new. So it should sell quickly.