Last Question before I do iBrickr

Fayewolf

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Hi everyone, I am about to take the plunge to mod my phone to install some cool 3rd party software, just some last questions before i do it!

My stock iPhone was running 1.0, i upgraded to 1.02 with the control shift restore process, I have the most current version of iTunes.

I am an ATT data plan customer, so completely legit and planning to stay on.

Now, if for whatever reason, i mod the phone (just jailbreak, not unlocking), and messed up the phone, or if the new update came out and will kill my phone with added software, is it possible for me to sync and restore to original factory setting and no way Apple can tell that it has been modded (in case i have to take my iPhone back to the store?)

Please advise!

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
Just don't update to 1.1.1, if you have to restore use 1.0.2. They're making progress on 1.1.1 modding, but I'm gonna wait till it's easier. I'm very content rockin' 1.0.2, iTunes store < sweet mods!

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Hi everyone, I am about to take the plunge to mod my phone to install some cool 3rd party software, just some last questions before i do it!

My stock iPhone was running 1.0, i upgraded to 1.02 with the control shift restore process, I have the most current version of iTunes.

I am an ATT data plan customer, so completely legit and planning to stay on.

Now, if for whatever reason, i mod the phone (just jailbreak, not unlocking), and messed up the phone, or if the new update came out and will kill my phone with added software, is it possible for me to sync and restore to original factory setting and no way Apple can tell that it has been modded (in case i have to take my iPhone back to the store?)

Please advise!
After you do a restore and then re-sync and such, I can't see how Apple would know you tried any modding.