Late because of time change?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by haitskane, Nov 6, 2011.

1. haitskane

haitskane New Member

I set my alarm for 6 and knew the time change was happening this morning. It woke me up at 7 though and I'm an hour late to work. Another DST bug? Happen to anyone else?

2. FlwrPwer

FlwrPwer Evangelist
    Gold

I woke up this morning and my phone was already set to the time change. I didn't set an alarm, but the phone was accurate.

3. haitskane

haitskane New Member

That's the funny thing because the time change happened correctly, but my alarm went off at 7 as if it truly was actually "6".

4. FlwrPwer

FlwrPwer Evangelist
    Gold

I know that there was a glitch (I think for spring ahead) where you had to turn the alarm off and then reset it for the time change. Maybe you needed to do that? Turn the alarm off and then back on....instead of just keeping it on it's regular schedule.

5. shutter13

shutter13 Evangelist
    Gold

If the alarm went off at the same time it would have without the time change...it should have gone off early. Because 6 became 5 today. Which is what happened with mine. Mine also switched time on me. One minute it was the correct time for today and the next minute it was the correct time if the time hadn't changed. I have a poor 3G signal here at the house (1-2) bars and I wonder if the poor connection to the network wasn't to blame. At any rate a hard reset seems to have sorted it out. I'll just have to make sure to set my actual alarm clock for tomorrow so I'm not late for work.

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Heacon

Heacon Member
    Bronze

You had timechange today? We had it last week thought it was the same all over the world

7. Woody dog

Woody dog Member
    Bronze

My alarm went off at 5:35 like I had it set. I set my regular alarm just to make sure

8. haitskane

haitskane New Member

I have no idea what happened to mine then. Thanks all!

9. Bitewound

Bitewound Evangelist
    Gold

The U.S. changed the days in 2007
    Beginning in 2007, Daylight Saving Time is extended one month and begins for most of the United States at:

2 a.m. on the Second Sunday in March
    and lasts until
    2 a.m. on the First Sunday of November.
    The new start and stop dates were set in the Energy Policy Act of 2005.
    http://www.energy.ca.gov/daylightsaving.html