Late March Apple Watch Release Rumored

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by chris, Jan 6, 2015.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

So, 9to5Mac (our story here) is out today with a report that the Apple Watch is slated for a late-March release. Mark Gurman is incredibly reliable. His sources say March is the plan, with training scheduled to take place next month. Things could change, but it seems very late in the game for that to happen. Once Apple announced the Watch in September, they've been free to discuss and work on the Watch, something not entirely possible when under the cloak of secrecy. Unless something out of left field is a showstopper, it looks like I may get an early birthday present.

#1 chris, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
  2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I saw this announcement on the stock market news. Although I won't be getting one, it'll be interesting to see the turnout of purchases and how Apple stock does. They are down 10% in just the last 5 days.

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I don't follow the market intentionally, but I did see where it was down in general. Apple will get this launch right. I'm more interested to see the reviews. My guess is that it will be a very, very small and select group who review Apple Watch.

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I have a mutual fund and stocks, one being Apple. I agree with you about the watch having a select group for review. In my honest opinion, I feel that it'll be great for Apple, however many may not see a reason to have it. Yes it'll give them the opportunity not to use their phone so much, but it's either using their phone or staring at the watch. I chose the phone. Many may like it though to check the time in meetings and messages they get, a quick peek at their watch.

5. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Jeezzz it's déjà vu. It feels like yesterday everyone was talking about how the iPad would flop because it was just a big iPhone. My only gripe with Apple related to the release of the apple watch is the sad fact that I don't have a lot of money to buy Apple stock. This watch will not only be successful, it will also be the next "big thing".... Behold; the era of the Apple wearable is upon us :)

6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Depending on how they do with this release and the Mac releases I've heard and read about recently, it could be worth it. Apple stock price is only at $106 after they did the 7 for 1 split a while back. I bought one stock before that split. The cost was like $560.

7. tybirdtybird

tybirdtybird Contributor
    Bronze

Viper car alarm will have app for the watch. Looks cool from there website.

I'm shock that apple didn't release it for Christmas.

8. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

And today it became April.

9. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Tim Cook confirmed shipping this April. That's a surprising miss for 9to5. They've been nailing pretty much everything.

#9 chris, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited: May 26, 2015