Late October Releases from Apple

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I think it'll be another small update. I'm thinking a lot smaller than the 1.1.1 upgrade, probably something along the lines of further preventing breaking of 1.1.1.
Maybe Apple's announcing a coupon for free elmer's glue and safety scissors, a very cheap and time efficient workaround to that whole "copy paste" demand everyone's been talking about.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
I think it'll be another small update. I'm thinking a lot smaller than the 1.1.1 upgrade, probably something along the lines of further preventing breaking of 1.1.1.
Maybe Apple's announcing a coupon for free elmer's glue and safety scissors, a very cheap and time efficient workaround to that whole "copy paste" demand everyone's been talking about.
lmao, so that's why Apple recently bought out Elmers.. interesting:p

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I would love to eat my words, but I expect nothing more than Notes syncing and possibly To-Do lists for us.

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Are the "To-Do lists" a Mac thing? I don't really see how they differ much from a combination of Notes and Calendar? Is it like a reminder based system or completely different?
I agree we'll see To-Do lists and Notes syncing -- it'll come in conjuntion with or after Leopard because the revamp of the Apple Mail app includes notes and to-do lists. It'll sync to the iPhone through Mail.

I expect it'll also sync to Windows computers through Outlook (not Outlook Express) since it offers Notes and To-Dos.

What else do I hope for end of October? iChat. iChat is getting a revamp through Leopard, so it's possible.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
LOL! funny

Sep 7, 2007
So. Cal.
AppleInsider reports some big announcements the last week of October:

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/07/10/04/Apple_announcements_brewing_for_late_october.html

Naturally, Leopard will probably be released. I wonder if we'll see anything new for the iPhone then. Perhaps widgets? Flash? A2DP?

What do you expect?
By then, it will have only been one month since 1.1.1 was released, so I expect nothing will be made available for the iPhone for at least two months after any announcement at the end of October. I do expect three more iTunes updates right before the announcement which may ot may not be ringtone related.

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
I've been transferring all my to-dos onto the calendar manually so being able to sync those would be nice. Syncing notes would be great as well.

entong

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
AppleInsider reports some big announcements the last week of October:

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/07/10/04/Apple_announcements_brewing_for_late_october.html

Naturally, Leopard will probably be released. I wonder if we'll see anything new for the iPhone then. Perhaps widgets? Flash? A2DP?

What do you expect?
well, obviously leopard will release this time of month and i would love to see that Apple release cut n paste for iPhone flash perhaps? sms delivery report or mms ? more widgets? who knows ..since Apple always full of surprises :):):)