Latest App Snapp update Won't work anymore

Jan 24, 2008
I've had a jailbroken Ipod touch for over a month now and has been running smoothly. Then when I opened up the installer, an update came on and i right away clicked update(this is not the same as the 1.1.3 update so don't get it confused.).
So now everytime I try to open the installer it'll pop up then disappear and I'm back to the home screen. I've been trying to install and reinstall it but nothing seems to be working, and I haven't found this problem any where else on the web. Any suggestions.

AJ

Jan 24, 2008
Yeah I've connected to my touch through my wifi at home and using WINscp.

I see where the install.app folder is, I tried deleting it(restarted my touch and everything is fine, except of course the installer button is gone. Then I copied it back to the touch. And Still same result. It comes up blank and white and goes back to home. I've deleted some other 3rd party programs just to see if maybe they had an effect.

Also Trying to reinstall app snap through jailbreakme.com Doesn't work either and I can't find the originall app.snap folder for download online. Any other suggestions.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Yeah. Browse to the Installer folder and select all the files underneath it (contained within the folder for Installer that is), and hit F9 to bring up properties for them, and change the Octal field value to 0755 - then try launching it ...

Jan 24, 2008
It was already set to 0755, I changed the number and changed it back to 0755 as well still nothing.

I'm considering just updating to 1.1.3 and waiting for the sdk to come out. But Only thing I really use on the JB is Tap Tap Revolution lol, But my favorite is Iradio. I hope to god they come out with an official one in the future.

I just fear with them charging 20 bucks now for the 5 new features on the touch, they'll continue to charge for future updates and all sdk programs. But first Let's not give up on figuring out this problem.
Thanks for your help thus far.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
It was already set to 0755, I changed the number and changed it back to 0755 as well still nothing.

I'm considering just updating to 1.1.3 and waiting for the sdk to come out. But Only thing I really use on the JB is Tap Tap Revolution lol, But my favorite is Iradio. I hope to god they come out with an official one in the future.

I just fear with them charging 20 bucks now for the 5 new features on the touch, they'll continue to charge for future updates and all sdk programs. But first Let's not give up on figuring out this problem.
Thanks for your help thus far.
Is it set to 0755 on *all* the files within the Installer folder?

Jan 24, 2008
Is it set to 0755 on *all* the files within the Installer folder?
\\

Do you mean where it has all those check boxes and such under group owner and so forth, When i click those the octal number changes around so I don't want to tinker. However yes to all the files being defaulted at 0755.

AIM me at Googlemyname if you have aim

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
\\

Do you mean where it has all those check boxes and such under group owner and so forth, When i click those the octal number changes around so I don't want to tinker. However yes to all the files being defaulted at 0755.

AIM me at Googlemyname if you have aim
I was taking about just the octal value field being set to 0755 for all, wasn't meaning to do anything with the checkboxes. Maybe worth dowloading the Installer files again, delete the existing folder, copy it fresh, and set the values again ...

I don't use AIM, sorry ...

Jan 24, 2008
I was taking about just the octal value field being set to 0755 for all, wasn't meaning to do anything with the checkboxes. Maybe worth dowloading the Installer files again, delete the existing folder, copy it fresh, and set the values again ...

I don't use AIM, sorry ...
I've tried it all, What I'm doing now is just restoring from scratch.

Weird thing though, when I tried to restore my ipod in its settings now to 1.1.1 and jailbreak all over again, it keeps saying unknown error has occurred and it can not be restored.

So I'm erasing everything off of it through the touch directly which it's doing right now hopefully I can start all over.
Thanks for the help.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I've tried it all, What I'm doing now is just restoring from scratch.

Weird thing though, when I tried to restore my ipod in its settings now to 1.1.1 and jailbreak all over again, it keeps saying unknown error has occurred and it can not be restored.

So I'm erasing everything off of it through the touch directly which it's doing right now hopefully I can start all over.
Thanks for the help.
Good luck ...