Latest update?

HUNTER1

Bronze
May 28, 2009
There's already a thread going about latest update, not sure if it's the 3.01. I logged into iTunes and saying my phone has the current update of 3.0 and will check again on 8/6. Should I just wait unitl it's shows up in iTunes or should I update it manually? Or do I even need this? I'm quite happy with the phone right now and I don't want to mess up anything. thanks

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Just wait for it. The hack is a real threat, but obviously, no one has exploited it yet, and the fact that Apple has already put a patch out for it makes it even more unlikely.
However, I would make sure that your iTunes is updated too, just in case that is the reason you aren't seeing the update.

HUNTER1

Bronze
May 28, 2009
I would imagine my iTunes is updated, I sync at least once a week and the last time I saw the update notice said to be 7/31 and now it says 8/6. The latest upgrade notification was safari, mobile me and something and I did that, So I assume it's up to date. How do I check it though if it's up to date just to be sure? And I will wait for the latest firmware to show up in iTunes, no rush.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
I would imagine my iTunes is updated, I sync at least once a week and the last time I saw the update notice said to be 7/31 and now it says 8/6. The latest upgrade notification was safari, mobile me and something and I did that, So I assume it's up to date. How do I check it though if it's up to date just to be sure? And I will wait for the latest firmware to show up in iTunes, no rush.
On a Mac look under 'iTunes' at the top and you can 'check for updates' or 'about iTunes'. In 'about iTunes' it should say at first that it is version 8.2.1 (6) if so it is updated, if it is just 8.2 then you should update. On windows look under 'help' for the same things.

As for OS 3.0.1 like Hawk said, since they patched it there won't be any hackers wasting their time to write code for a vulnerability Apple patched.

bass_lover1

Bronze
Aug 19, 2008
I plugged my iPhone into my PC the day after the update was released, and it didn't automatically pop up saying that there was a new firmware update available. I had to click the check for update button before it told me 3.0.1 was available.

HUNTER1

Bronze
May 28, 2009
I clicked on update and it was available, I download and installed it. I also checked my iTunes and it's updated. Everything still seems to be in order, thanks.

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
Does anyone know if you can still jailbreak using purplera1n after the 3.0.1 update?