Laughable

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

3dg

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
From Apple Insider - info released from Sprint, for it's customer service regarding the iPhone:

We've highlighted some of Sprint's more entertaining anti-iphone talking points, though all are accessible via a quick PDF download [124K]:
  • "Using the iPhone on the GSM/EDGE network may be like having a really powerful computer on dial up."
  • "Whether you want music, email, web surfing or businesss files, our phones will download everything faster."
  • "Concerned about coverage? I think you’ll see that we are comparable or better than all other carriers. Let me show you the map on our Power Network Coverage Tool to verify your coverage area."
  • "We have many handsets that are MP3 players."
  • "You want to have music with your phone? Let me show you the new Upstage or the Fusic II."
  • "Any music phone from Sprint lets you download songs instantly – out of thin air."
  • "Are you sure 4G or 8G is enough storage for you? To give you a comparison, most iPods/MP3 players hold 40 to 60Gigs or more."
  • "The Upstage takes external mini-disks for unlimited storage."
  • "Sure we have less expensive phones than the iPhone. The MotoQ, for example, is only $79 and is an MP3 player, PDA, camera, mobile internet device, and of course, a phone."
  • "Most current Smartphones have secure email necessary for businesss functionality. "
  • "The iPhone uses Yahoo and Mac email which is not secure. "
  • "[iPhone] has a non-replaceable battery. "
  • "[iPhone] offers no external storage. "
  • "The iPhone is an Apple product and has some nice features. It also has a nice price. Do you really need all those features in one device?"

soloudinhere

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
well sprint is right about one thing. Their network IS faster than EDGE, no matter how many speed boosts AT&T tries to give it.

And sprint is also massively cheaper. I pay them $50 a month for twice as much service as I was giving AT&T $97 a month for. I'm sticking with them.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
Very interesting, some points or more valid than others. I assume all carriers are distributing similar memos. I must add that based on friends' experience with Sprint/Nextel, there actual phone service is HORRIBLE.

dmksaved

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
From Apple Insider - info released from Sprint, for it's customer service regarding the iPhone:

We've highlighted some of Sprint's more entertaining anti-iphone talking points, though all are accessible via a quick PDF download [124K]:
  • "Using the iPhone on the GSM/EDGE network may be like having a really powerful computer on dial up."
  • "Whether you want music, email, web surfing or businesss files, our phones will download everything faster."
  • "Concerned about coverage? I think you’ll see that we are comparable or better than all other carriers. Let me show you the map on our Power Network Coverage Tool to verify your coverage area."
  • "We have many handsets that are MP3 players."
  • "You want to have music with your phone? Let me show you the new Upstage or the Fusic II."
  • "Any music phone from Sprint lets you download songs instantly – out of thin air."
  • "Are you sure 4G or 8G is enough storage for you? To give you a comparison, most iPods/MP3 players hold 40 to 60Gigs or more."
  • "The Upstage takes external mini-disks for unlimited storage."
  • "Sure we have less expensive phones than the iPhone. The MotoQ, for example, is only $79 and is an MP3 player, PDA, camera, mobile internet device, and of course, a phone."
  • "Most current Smartphones have secure email necessary for businesss functionality. "
  • "The iPhone uses Yahoo and Mac email which is not secure. "
  • "[iPhone] has a non-replaceable battery. "
  • "[iPhone] offers no external storage. "
  • "The iPhone is an Apple product and has some nice features. It also has a nice price. Do you really need all those features in one device?"
does sprint have youtube on there phones? or mac osx with the real internet? hmmmm... no

Jun 25, 2007
I had nextel before they merged, and it was horrible. Even after they merged my friends had it and just to call 411 was a chore. It was sent to people that can't speak english.

And the coverage sucked. As soon as I was 30 miles east of reno I didn't have service till I hit Idaho.

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
As a Sprint customer I laugh at all of this HA HA HA!

Hello Sprint, will _any_ of your phones sync to my Mac?
Will your MP3 playing phones work with iTunes, where all my other music is?
Do any of your phones have the real Internet?
Do any of your phones have non-linear visual voicemail?
Do any of your phones have a decent OS that looks good and doesn't crash every five minutes?

I think Sprint will take the biggest hit of lost lost customers due to iPhone than any of the other major carriers. Goodbye and good riddance.

- SR

soloudinhere

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
my sprint phone has the "Real" internet. I don't really know what that is, but I can access any webpage and I have full java and flash. I don't know where Apple got the "real" internet thing since any PDA phone can access any website. It's a question of how viewable it is, and my webpages work great through opera.

dmksaved

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
As a Sprint customer I laugh at all of this HA HA HA!

Hello Sprint, will _any_ of your phones sync to my Mac?
Will your MP3 playing phones work with iTunes, where all my other music is?
Do any of your phones have the real Internet?
Do any of your phones have non-linear visual voicemail?
Do any of your phones have a decent OS that looks good and doesn't crash every five minutes?

I think Sprint will take the biggest hit of lost lost customers due to iPhone than any of the other major carriers. Goodbye and good riddance.

- SR
yeah hello sprint, your phones don't sync with what everyone is using, that would be iTunes , and does not sync with my address book on my mac and if i want to listen to a song i download with iTunes it wont work on my fusic or any phone i have to convert

juju2682

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
Champaign,IL
my sprint phone has the "Real" internet. I don't really know what that is, but I can access any webpage and I have full java and flash. I don't know where Apple got the "real" internet thing since any PDA phone can access any website. It's a question of how viewable it is, and my webpages work great through opera.
What phone do you have?

dmksaved

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
oh yeah visual voicemail . --- no more of the lady to listen to your messages press 1 to save press 9 to delete press 7 to leave hang up now .

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
Problem is nobody knows how to access or use any of those features on any of their phones.

That is the point everyone mises. It doesn't matter that other phones have all this crap on them. Since nobody can figure out how to make it work, it might as well not be there.

azwilly

Jun 11, 2007
There's lot's of truth there. And sometimes the truth hurts. Gas is $3.00 a gallon and folks still buy Escalades, go figure. Obviously if speed is important to someone, they won't be buying an iPhone. However, if they like taking their tunes with them and the beauty of syncing with their home computer, they'll get an iPhone.If they enjoy the youTube videos...... Etc, etc, etc. Everyone makes (and lives with) their decisions. For those who've experienced ATT service first hand the choice is simple.....if you want an iPhone ......grin and bear it (or bare it). Undoubtedly the beautiful partner in this new marriage is Apple.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
THis gave me a funny idea. Once receiving my iPhone, go around to local sprint verizon and tmobile stores casually looking at phones, all the time my iPhone is stashed in my pocket. If a salesman asks if i need help I tell him "no im just looking". Now the fun begins....use one of the demo phones on the floor, dial my number and whip out my iPhone to the dismay of all the customers and employees......CRUEL, but funny:p:p:p:p

kghoops

Jun 19, 2007
I got rid of Sprint years ago when they couldn't give me service in my own damn apartment.

Our company is currently dropping Sprint/Nextel because their coverage is not good enough for our sales department to even use their Blackberry's.

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
Problem is nobody knows how to access or use any of those features on any of their phones.

That is the point everyone mises. It doesn't matter that other phones have all this crap on them. Since nobody can figure out how to make it work, it might as well not be there.
Bingo...

Walk into a sprint/verizon/t-mobile store and have them demo the "all in one" phone for you. ask them to show you how many clicks and scrolls and stylus presses it takes to access each and every app.

you're into every single application on the iPhone in one press of the finger.....done.

soloudinhere

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
yeah hello sprint, your phones don't sync with what everyone is using, that would be iTunes , and does not sync with my address book on my mac and if i want to listen to a song i download with iTunes it wont work on my fusic or any phone i have to convert
Wouldn't work on any other MP3 players either, thanks to Apple's r***rded DRM. Just because you can't use anything other than the iPhone due to your choice in hardware and music management doesn't mean all the other phones suck.

dmksaved

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Wouldn't work on any other MP3 players either, thanks to Apple's r***rded DRM. Just because you can't use anything other than the iPhone due to your choice in hardware and music management doesn't mean all the other phones suck.
thats the point ! the iPhone is DRM compatable. make phones that are drm compatible iTunes is ranked number 3 and continuing to go number 1 very soon so why arnt phone drm compatible oh wait the iPhone is.