Leaked ad points to 16GB iPhone on November 12

Jeff

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
http://blogs.zdnet.com/ip-telephony/?p=2318

According to what appears to be an ad from T-Mobile Germany (the nation where T-MObile’s corporate parent Deutsche Telecom is based), a 16GB iPhone compatible with that Germany’s 3G mobile infrastructure will be hitting the German market on November 12.

Converting from 499,00 Euros, we come up with $687.00 U.S.
Official corroboration of this ad’s legitimacy has not been established, but I have been hearing reports of a more powerful iPhone device in the works ever since the iPhone debuted in late June. In fact, a reader said that an AT&T Mobility customer service rep read similar information to him off a sheet that was supposed to be top secret.

No word on a 16GB iPhone in North America- but I don’t think Apple would go too long without satiating memory-hungry U.S. iPhone buyers. Especially in shopping-heavy 4Q.

If this 16GB iPhone ad and its resulting implications are above board, that might explain the discounting of the current 8GB iPhone. Move product at a lower price point and then present a two-tiered model where the current 8GB iPhone might wind up at, say $299, and the 16GB (or even a 12GB) at $599, or maybe even a little lower.

The Toddfather

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
http://blogs.zdnet.com/ip-telephony/?p=2318

According to what appears to be an ad from T-Mobile Germany (the nation where T-MObile’s corporate parent Deutsche Telecom is based), a 16GB iPhone compatible with that Germany’s 3G mobile infrastructure will be hitting the German market on November 12.

Converting from 499,00 Euros, we come up with $687.00 U.S.
Official corroboration of this ad’s legitimacy has not been established, but I have been hearing reports of a more powerful iPhone device in the works ever since the iPhone debuted in late June. In fact, a reader said that an AT&T Mobility customer service rep read similar information to him off a sheet that was supposed to be top secret.

No word on a 16GB iPhone in North America- but I don’t think Apple would go too long without satiating memory-hungry U.S. iPhone buyers. Especially in shopping-heavy 4Q.

If this 16GB iPhone ad and its resulting implications are above board, that might explain the discounting of the current 8GB iPhone. Move product at a lower price point and then present a two-tiered model where the current 8GB iPhone might wind up at, say $299, and the 16GB (or even a 12GB) at $599, or maybe even a little lower.
Nice find! I hope they introduce it here too, it's already been two months with the same phone.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
I think it's a fake. Look at the ad. It says "Apple iPod 16 GB". Having worked in a top ad agency for years, I can tell you that kind of mistake would never happen, especially with a client as big as deutsche telecom.
However, I do believe Apple is gonna come up with a 16 GB pretty soon, it totally makes sense marketingwise. As you said, drop the price and come up with a better product at the original price.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I think it's a fake. Look at the ad. It says "Apple iPod 16 GB". Having worked in a top ad agency for years, I can tell you that kind of mistake would never happen, especially with a client as big as deutsche telecom.
However, I do believe Apple is gonna come up with a 16 GB pretty soon, it totally makes sense marketingwise. As you said, drop the price and come up with a better product at the original price.
Hope I can get myself a 16GB for Xmas. It will be running Leopard and have all the stuff that is missing now. :p

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
can Apple make an update for the current iPhone to change it to the leopard os? And anybody know how much leopard will cost for the comp? Thanks

el31415

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
100% fake or Ifake
some of the icone button need to reflect europe/germany....
like the map icone freeway/autoban need to be different
Look at the plan rate it's just bad translation of ATT plan
the pricing in Europe is totals different than in U.S. as they
don't pay for incoming minutes
also they will not get unlimited 3g at that price
and they use a lot more SMS
any European rate plan would reflect these habits
and they can get/have mucht better phone for € 499
the iPhone is not ready for europe market it's only good for US

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
100% fake or Ifake
some of the icone button need to reflect europe/germany....
like the map icone freeway/autoban need to be different
Look at the plan rate it's just bad translation of ATT plan
the pricing in Europe is totals different than in U.S. as they
don't pay for incoming minutes
also they will not get unlimited 3g at that price
and they use a lot more SMS
any European rate plan would reflect these habits
and they can get/have mucht better phone for € 499
the iPhone is not ready for europe market it's only good for US
I have to agree