Leather back for iPhone

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
ew, i can't imagine that will stay on very well.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
As others have stated, it doesn't seem as if it is very adhesive and as far as the permanent marker is concerned, I would think that it would look very streaky if you were to color in large areas.

jimmy_hat

Bronze
Jan 19, 2008
UK
Hmmm. Yeah, I thought it might not stick on very well, but if it starts coming off I could just use double sided tape or maybe just bin it and get one of the new InCase slider cases :) Man, they're nice... I've changed my mind about the marker I think, your right, itd look tacky. The idea was to have a completely black and gold plated iPhone, with leather on the back, but I might just leave out the marker pen idea.

H

Hayesimus

it looks kinda cheap. but i like the idea. I've often said that the back should be textured in some way. Its ridiculously smooth as is.

jimmy_hat

Bronze
Jan 19, 2008
UK
it looks kinda cheap. but i like the idea. I've often said that the back should be textured in some way. Its ridiculously smooth as is.
Yeah. It might look cheap, but at the end of the day it IS cheap. For £10 you're not going to get the best quality leather, but it still looks kinda cool. I'm getting one, if anybody wants pictures I'll post them.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Yeah. It might look cheap, but at the end of the day it IS cheap. For £10 you're not going to get the best quality leather, but it still looks kinda cool. I'm getting one, if anybody wants pictures I'll post them.
Yes please do. LOts of pics! I really want to cover up the silver backing but just cant stand the extra added bulk a case provides.

jimmy_hat

Bronze
Jan 19, 2008
UK
Ok. Soon as I get my screen fixed and do the back (and the gold plating and maybe the Proporta Echo) some pics'll be going up. Seen some more pics of it on the interweb tho, itll look sweet when its on properly.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Ok. Soon as I get my screen fixed and do the back (and the gold plating and maybe the Proporta Echo) some pics'll be going up. Seen some more pics of it on the interweb tho, itll look sweet when its on properly.

Nice, can't wait!

Could you post some links? I'm trying to decide between this and the "skinit" full black thing that will look similar.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
the back should be textured in some way. Its ridiculously smooth as is.
My wife refuses to pick up her phone if it's not in the case. She HATES how slippery it is! I agree.... especially in the wintertime.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
see, i like that... makes pocket storage a breeze.

jimmy_hat

Bronze
Jan 19, 2008
UK
Nice, can't wait!

Could you post some links? I'm trying to decide between this and the "skinit" full black thing that will look similar.
Ok... you want links for information on the cover thing? hardce.com is their website, the leather thing is under iPhone accessories called the iMat II, and the ebay listing is here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Screen-Guard-...ryZ68029QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

They do other colours, white and orange; if anybody's getting one in another colour then could you post pics of it...?

jimmy_hat

Bronze
Jan 19, 2008
UK
Nope, ordered it Tuesday I think so may be another few days to arrive. Still, definitely posting pics once it does!

jimmy_hat

Bronze
Jan 19, 2008
UK
Got the thing today. Great! First impressions are that it's nice and thin, so it hardly adds any bulk to the phone, the adhesive is strong and reusable, it looks kinda neat. Its hard to put it on straight, and it looks really naff if you don't or leave air bubbles under it, and the cutouts seem like they're a fraction of a mm off because the leather touches the silent switch but if you try to move it the other way it covers the camera lens. Its not too noticeable though and Im glad I bought it! Some pics when I get the screen fixed.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Got the thing today. Great! First impressions are that it's nice and thin, so it hardly adds any bulk to the phone, the adhesive is strong and reusable, it looks kinda neat. Its hard to put it on straight, and it looks really naff if you don't or leave air bubbles under it, and the cutouts seem like they're a fraction of a mm off because the leather touches the silent switch but if you try to move it the other way it covers the camera lens. Its not too noticeable though and Im glad I bought it! Some pics when I get the screen fixed.
Nice! C'mon though, pictures please! Just put a piece of paper or something over the screen if you must. At the least a picture of the back.

jimmy_hat

Bronze
Jan 19, 2008
UK
Ahh, you can have your pics tomorrow. I don't have my camera right now. Another thing is that if you try to pull the leather about too much it will stretch. Mine's OK but I'm just mentioning it so anybody else doesn;t try pulling it around with force. Once it's stuck to the phone, you won't be able to move it around unless you completely remove it and start again.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Ahh, you can have your pics tomorrow. I don't have my camera right now. Another thing is that if you try to pull the leather about too much it will stretch. Mine's OK but I'm just mentioning it so anybody else doesn;t try pulling it around with force. Once it's stuck to the phone, you won't be able to move it around unless you completely remove it and start again.
Can't wait! How thick is it? I'm wondering when looking at the iPhone face on how far do the edges stick out, you know where the leather strip stops right before the chrome bezel.