Leaving For Iraq <24hrs!

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
Hello everyone, i just want to say thanks for all the information ive gotten from this board in the short period ive been on it, ive learned a great deal and from the looks of it i passed out some great knowledge. I just wanted to make this thread to say thanks to everyone and let everyone know that tuesday morning at 9am i will be shipping out to the A.O.R or "Sandbox" as it is commonly known as. I am a flight engineer in the air force and will be serving my country for 7 months (pilots have a quicker rotation period then boot troops (infantry).

Congrats to Spc Ryan as well everyone! I will be looking forward to my welcome home thread when i return!
Rehardless of religious preference everyone, God bless.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Good luck and be careful, especially what you eat. If possible, try to keep in touch via the forum or iRovr. The bases should have internet/email capability.

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
Good luck and be careful, especially what you eat. If possible, try to keep in touch via the forum or iRovr. The bases should have internet/email capability.
Thanks, i will try my best to keep in touch! i will also def be looking out for what i eat, but i am kind of interested in a REAL falafel instead of these NYC knockoffs, lol

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
CBR, you've been a valuable resource for many on the board. Your absence will definitely be felt. Pop in and update us as you're able. God bless you. :)

jslappa

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
Do send us a pic every now and then. Perhaps the Mods can put up a sticky for you!

Good luck, and although you are not a Marine (like me), Semper Fi, and we will all pray to what ever god or deity it is we pray to for your safe return!

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
CBR, you've been a valuable resource for many on the board. Your absence will definitely be felt. Pop in and update us as you're able. God bless you. :)
Thanks so much, there are a lot of big shoes to fill around here;)
as soon as i get the chance to i will drop by and if i get clearance ill post some pics maybe. OPSEC dosnt really like people sending pics home or anything, and they monitor the internet traffic.

24trepid

Silver
Jan 13, 2008
Florida
Good luck, buddy......:cool:
Hurry back, we'll be waiting.........

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
Good luck man, thank you so much and we hope to hear from you sometime in your deployment.

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
Do send us a pic every now and then. Perhaps the Mods can put up a sticky for you!

Good luck, and although you are not a Marine (like me), Semper Fi, and we will all pray to what ever god or deity it is we pray to for your safe return!

Thank You

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
Good luck man, thank you so much and we hope to hear from you sometime in your deployment.
no, thank you for your support, it is my first deployment so the nerves are a little wired, lol, especially after our bases ORI and ATSO sims. (ORI = operational readiness inspection, ATSO = Ability To Survive & Operate)

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Thank you for risking your life to defend the liberties that this country was founded on. God bless and be careful!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
CBR you'll definitely be missed around here. Please be safe, take in as much of it as you can, and come back soon to tell us all about it.

Aug 4, 2007
Bay Area California
Fly safe and hang in there. We'll be thinking about you and sending our thoughts and prayers. A big hug goes out to you and your family. The Army had internet in Iraq and although it was a slow connection it was fast enough for Ryan to keep in touch with us via myspace. Maybe you can pop in here from time to time and we'll make you laugh with our ridiculous antics! :)
Take care,
Colleen

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
stay safe, man, and thank you for defending your country.

Although I don't believe in the war, I do believe in the people that fight it.

counter intuitive? contradicting? Yes and Yes.

Nevertheless, you will be missed while you are gone.

A welcome back thread will be made. This I guarantee you.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Hello everyone, i just want to say thanks for all the information ive gotten from this board in the short period ive been on it, ive learned a great deal and from the looks of it i passed out some great knowledge. I just wanted to make this thread to say thanks to everyone and let everyone know that tuesday morning at 9am i will be shipping out to the A.O.R or "Sandbox" as it is commonly known as. I am a flight engineer in the air force and will be serving my country for 7 months (pilots have a quicker rotation period then boot troops (infantry).

Congrats to Spc Ryan as well everyone! I will be looking forward to my welcome home thread when i return!
Rehardless of religious preference everyone, God bless.
Good luck my man!