Leaving Sprint should I get 8300 or iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

cccablecompany

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
I am currently with sprint. My service is very bad and I get a ton of drop calls. My current plan is Blackberry 8307e with 1300 for 40.00, Unlimited data 36.99, M2M 5.00, Insurance 7.00 and unlimited texting 15.00. Which will taxes comes up to about 109.00. I was a treo guy at first but with all the problems I had with windows, I had to give up. I am now using my 8703e. I like it but I hate the side scroll wheel. I have never use edge before just evdo phones. I don't really care for the push email but I am a fan of texting. Is it hard and are the keys on the screen big enough to type fast on the iPhone. I hope the phone gets a lot of bugs worked out with the updates. I can't even test one at the cingular store. None of them in Miramar or Pembroke pines florida have them. Advice please. Also I work for the U.S. DOD so how do I get the FAN number to get a discount?

Jul 4, 2007
I am an iPhone user coming from an 8300. 8300 was great, but hey...the iPhone is just plain awesome. I didn't need the push and i'm happy I made the move.

cccablecompany

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
one more question. If I purchase a blackberry 8300 and iPhone do i have to pay extra for bb data or will the iPhone data plan will work?

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
one more question. If I purchase a blackberry 8300 and iPhone do i have to pay extra for bb data or will the iPhone data plan will work?
My friend changed from a blackjack and he was paying more for his plan because the "PDA" plan he had was a 30$ data charge and the iPhone's data plan comes out to be 20$ a month (they force you to get the data plan). I hope that semi-answered your question.

Fafafoooey

Bronze
Apr 26, 2007
I am currently with sprint. My service is very bad and I get a ton of drop calls. My current plan is Blackberry 8307e with 1300 for 40.00, Unlimited data 36.99, M2M 5.00, Insurance 7.00 and unlimited texting 15.00. Which will taxes comes up to about 109.00. I was a treo guy at first but with all the problems I had with windows, I had to give up. I am now using my 8703e. I like it but I hate the side scroll wheel. I have never use edge before just evdo phones. I don't really care for the push email but I am a fan of texting. Is it hard and are the keys on the screen big enough to type fast on the iPhone. I hope the phone gets a lot of bugs worked out with the updates. I can't even test one at the cingular store. None of them in Miramar or Pembroke pines florida have them. Advice please. Also I work for the U.S. DOD so how do I get the FAN number to get a discount?
Um, there really is no comparison. If you need businesss class email, and you like the tactile feel of a physical keyboard, then the Blackberry is the way to go. If you want everything else, iPhone.

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
Also I work for the U.S. DOD so how do I get the FAN number to get a discount?

Number one, technically the iPhone isn't eligible for the FAN discount.. If you try to activate it with the FAN discount on the line the activation will get bounced. BUT, if you get the phone activated you can probably go into a store and get a rep to add the FAN discount onto the line after the fact. The discount will be applied to the minutes package, but not the data plan, hope this helps!

cccablecompany

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Number one, technically the iPhone isn't eligible for the FAN discount.. If you try to activate it with the FAN discount on the line the activation will get bounced. BUT, if you get the phone activated you can probably go into a store and get a rep to add the FAN discount onto the line after the fact. The discount will be applied to the minutes package, but not the data plan, hope this helps!
Do you think the price will drop anytime on this phone? Also how long does AT&T have the rights to the iPhone?

Standog

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Do your due diligence in regarding to both phones. Look at what each phone does and determine what you want. If you want MMS and a weekly view of notes and copy and paste and full Exchange support, then get the 8300. If you want a great iPod, intuitive phone experience, refreshing internet experience and native apps like Google Maps and YouTube, get the iPhone. Maybe 3G is the deal breaker for you and you don't want Edge. It should be an easy decision if you base it on what features you really want.

But for me, there just isn't any comparison. After all, at the base, it's a phone and in terms of ease of use there's nothing even close to it. Try adding a recent call to an existing contact on another phone.