Leaving WiFi on

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by nikkisixx102, Sep 29, 2012.

1. nikkisixx102

nikkisixx102 Android Killer
    Bronze

Ok. So leaving wifi on all the time drains the battery faster right? Because its always searching for networks? If you go somewhere that has wifi, you're going to go into settings and select it, right? So why doesn't this work like a smartphone and know the locations where you regularly use wifi and only switches it on to searching then? Such as when you're at home or at the office, it knows that everyday you go here and use the Internet via wifi, but when you're in your car or away from these places, it only looks for wifi when you open up settings. Or, when your location starts to move rapidly, it recognizes you're in a vehicle and searches for recognized Bluetooth devices?

My concern is, I'm down to 0 every night, but I have wifi and Bluetooth on all day. I don't use these all day, so why doesn't the iPhone recognize and use its power efficiently? Maybe it does, but it seems like some say otherwise.

Thoughts?

2. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist
    Gold

It will drain the battery if your moving the phone away from wifi signals so its always searching but if say your at home on wifi all day your battery will last longer.

3. Terry M.

Terry M. Contributor
    Silver

I always thought BT was the real power drainer. I NEVER have it on, but my wifi is on all the time.

4. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist
    Gold

Yes bt is a power drainer asell

5. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Its always a good idea to turn it off to conserve battery life. Haven't noticed much difference between on and off on the 5 thou. Hey Terry!

6. nikkisixx102

nikkisixx102 Android Killer
    Bronze

I'm just saying, I think Apple should hire me to create the product they've been wanting :p. Either that or I create the new millenniums Apple :). I like that better anyways. Who's on board? I have the ideas, anyone good with coding an operating system :). I believe mobile is where to start, and the desktop will be our storage center. :p. I have HTML down :)