Lending my SIM to unlock phone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sam91

Bronze
Sep 10, 2010
So my friend found an iPhone 4 and said he tried jailbreaking it but messed up somehow and he needs an AT&T sim card to open up the phone. Never heard about this. Is it safe? Should I help a brother out and loan him my sim card for a minute so the phone can open?

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
So my friend found an iPhone 4 and said he tried jailbreaking it but messed up somehow and he needs an AT&T sim card to open up the phone. Never heard about this. Is it safe? Should I help a brother out and loan him my sim card for a minute so the phone can open?
You should help him out by trying to did the owner...

Locutus

Bronze
Aug 22, 2010
Soooo, you're basically asking for help on breaking into an iPhone your brother "found" instead of doing everything you can to return the phone to it's rightful owner?
Lame.

Sent from my iPhone 4 JB iOS 5.0.1 using iCafe app

Locutus

Bronze
Aug 22, 2010
You all are always so suspicious of this with no basis for it. Move on.
Soooo, what you're saying is that if someone "found" your iPhone you WOULDN'T want them to do everything they can to get your phone back to you? You'd be ok with them resorting to breaking into your iPhone?

Also, unless you're a mod, don't bother with telling me to "move on".........especially since there was nothing wrong with my comment.

Locutus

Bronze
Aug 22, 2010
You are accusing people of stealing someone else's phone with no basis for doing so. THere is something wrong with that.
Actually, what's wrong here is that someone would seriously consider breaking into an iPhone that doesn't belong to them instead of being courteous by trying to find the rightful owner.
You're really advocating for this sort of thing?
Wow.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
How do you know he didn't already make an effort to find the rightful owner? Once he's put forth the effort to do that, it's losers weepers, finders keepers.

Locutus

Bronze
Aug 22, 2010
How do you know he didn't already make an effort to find the rightful owner? Once he's put forth the effort to do that, it's losers weepers, finders keepers.
That kind of thinking is what's wrong with society.

There plenty of of ways to get the phone back to the owner. The guy's brother clearly didn't try hard enough.......or didn't want to............because, you know, finders keepers and all.
I'm pretty sure if it was YOUR iPhone in question, you'd have a different attitude.
Anyway, these kinds of threads are always suspicious.

Sam91

Bronze
Sep 10, 2010
Well it wasn't my call. My friend found it. I don't know what procedures were taken I was just asked for help. Didn't ask him 21 questions and it's not my place. If he did try to find the owner or if he didn't that's not my problem

Locutus

Bronze
Aug 22, 2010
Well it wasn't my call. My friend found it. I don't know what procedures were taken I was just asked for help. Didn't ask him 21 questions and it's not my place. If he did try to find the owner or if he didn't that's not my problem
The reason I commented the way I did was because your friend didn't appear to do enough to have the phone returned to it's rightful owner.
At any rate, the fact that you don't know what the actual status of the phone might be, indicates to me, that it would be in your best interest to not participate in breaking into the phone.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Tell your friend to turn on the phone. On the lockscreen, it should say what carrier is servicing it. He can go to the carrier's store and drop it off. They can find out who it belongs to and contact them to pick it up. Simple as that.