Leopard Confirmed Release Date

tundra

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
New Jersey
Today Apple announced that Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) will go on sale on Friday, October 26th at 6 p.m. at Apple retail stores and Apple Authorized Resellers. Apple's online store will start accepting pre-orders as of today.
"Leopard, the sixth major release of Mac OS X, is the best upgrade we've
ever released," said Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO. "And everyone gets the
'Ultimate' version, packed with all the new innovative features, for just
$129."

Apple has also updated their Mac OS X Leopard pages with a new look.

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I hope this proves positively relevant to all us iPhone users (not just Mac). I'm anxious to see if the predictions about Leopard leading the way for more iPhone functionality updates come to fruition...

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
I am just hoping that this OS upgrade will breath some life back into my 2 year old G4 laptop. That thing lately has been limping along and I have reluctant to do anything about it until this is released. I will just back up all the music and photos and take it from there! Oh, and if something good does not happen to the phone at about the same time frame that will be the last Apple purchase I make. =)

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
sweet! i just placed a pre-order for a family pack. i used my $100 iPhone refund and also got a corporate discount - only $73 out of pocket.

i have my fingers crossed for notes and to-do syncing for the iPhone with leopard...

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Oh, and if something good does not happen to the phone at about the same time frame that will be the last Apple purchase I make. =)
Would you really stop buying Apple products if they failed to give you something they never promised you in the first place? :eek:

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Question before pre-ordering: does 'Single User' mean one account or one entire computer. It doesn't really matter, but I'd like to know.

Swagfndr

Jul 30, 2007
Laguna Heights CA
sweet! i just placed a pre-order for a family pack. i used my $100 iPhone refund and also got a corporate discount - only $73 out of pocket.

i have my fingers crossed for notes and to-do syncing for the iPhone with leopard...
+1

Just did the exact same thing online and those are the things that I am hoping for also.

Bluesy1

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Southern CA
And don't forget education discount gets it to you for $116. :laugh2:

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
How long till we see hardware thats loaded with Leopard?

I want to toss my old macs and buy new ones with Leopard preinstalled.

(they're pre-intel, its not that i hate them)

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Question before pre-ordering: does 'Single User' mean one account or one entire computer. It doesn't really matter, but I'd like to know.
You know that Mac Os X will install on as many computers as you want. Will reinstall over and over again. Pretty good when you have a lot of Macs. No Big Brother telling you that it's been 5 times already and you're out of luck. No stupid install window stalling you and asking you to enter a gazillion-serial number, then forcing you to call an 800 number to speak to a heavily accented voice that makes you enter another gazillion-number before they let you use their wonderful operating system.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
How long till we see hardware thats loaded with Leopard?

I want to toss my old macs and buy new ones with Leopard preinstalled.

(they're pre-intel, its not that i hate them)

I'm pretty sure I read on the site that any hardware you buy from now on will come with 10.5 for the cost of $10 shipping for the DVD once its out. And once its out, I'm almost sure that all Macs will ship with it.

I've been waiting also.

Atlas

Bronze
Oct 14, 2007
I'm pretty sure I read on the site that any hardware you buy from now on will come with 10.5 for the cost of $10 shipping for the DVD once its out. And once its out, I'm almost sure that all Macs will ship with it.

I've been waiting also.
Just picked up an iMac on the 14th so glad to hear we can get the upgrade for $10. Any idea on how?