Leopard for the iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
Will leopard be coming out on the iPhone tonight or does Apple have no plans to upgrade the iPhones to the new os?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
If you mean an update for the iPhone via iTunes, no.
There was speculation on an update today, but I have my hands on Leopard right now, and am installing it as I speak/type.

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I've installed it, and it works very well.

I, too, was expecting an iPhone update to handle the new Notes and Todo features in Mail. Haven't seen anything, yet.

Regarding Leopard - I like stacks, although it does take a little reorganizing to make it work right (I had to clean stuff up). Looking forward to mailing items with stationery. It all seems peppier.

Haven't tried spaces or time machine, yet.

AngelJO008

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
tested the notes and the todo feature in Leopard to see how it worked with re: to the iPhone. It basically sets up an account in your mail app on the iPhone and transfers it via the net to that folder. so it's kinda like getting an email from your mail app on your computer. Does that make sense?

BTW kept trying over the past week to sync with iTunes to see if there. however, it still says 10-27-07 for next check in for an update. I can't see Apple releasing an update to the iPhone on a Saturday, but then again, stranger things have happened. Anyone else have that same date on their iTunes>?

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
tested the notes and the todo feature in Leopard to see how it worked with re: to the iPhone. It basically sets up an account in your mail app on the iPhone and transfers it via the net to that folder. so it's kinda like getting an email from your mail app on your computer. Does that make sense?

BTW kept trying over the past week to sync with iTunes to see if there. however, it still says 10-27-07 for next check in for an update. I can't see Apple releasing an update to the iPhone on a Saturday, but then again, stranger things have happened. Anyone else have that same date on their iTunes>?
The date is says is the next check is based on when you checked last. Apple is not necessarily going to update anything on that date, it's just when iTunes is set next to check for an update.

AngelJO008

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
The date is says is the next check is based on when you checked last. Apple is not necessarily going to update anything on that date, it's just when iTunes is set next to check for an update.
yes thank you, I do know that....just wondering why it didn't change like it normally does to a later date each time I check. this time it's stayed on the same date for over a week.

AngelJO008

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
Well, my next check is scheduled for 10/29/2007, so I don't think it has much to do with anything.
yeah, mine changed to 11/3/07 this morning. It was just a strange circumstance I think. I wasn't reading into it too far. I know the update is most likely due out on a tuesday rather than any other day. We shall see.