Leopard - Gone Gold

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

JackBauer

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
New York
According to Mac News Daily, the iPhone has gone "gold". If you are not familiar with this term, it basicly means that it is final and ready to be copied. What do you think? Will there be an opening day, just like the iPhone where there's hype, and you have to wait in line for hours?

tundra

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
New Jersey
According to Mac News Daily, the iPhone has gone "gold". If you are not familiar with this term, it basicly means that it is final and ready to be copied. What do you think? Will there be an opening day, just like the iPhone where there's hype, and you have to wait in line for hours?
Hate to burst your bubbles but found this update on Mac Rumors not long ago.

Since the story was originally published, we've heard from a couple of sources that internal Apple builds are still progressing and "Gold Master" has not yet been declared. I suspect we'll hear more in the next few days.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I stayed in line 1 1/2 hours when Tiger was released. I'm sure the same thing will happen. There are always crazy people out there wanting to be first, like me.

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
This thread is all wrong, i've check numerous sites which state that Apple has yet to announce that leopard has reach GOLD status.

Although you would think it must have, as there are rumors of an October 26th Launch.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
This thread is all wrong, i've check numerous sites which state that Apple has yet to announce that leopard has reach GOLD status.

Although you would think it must have, as there are rumors of an October 26th Launch.
You're right. It hasn't gone Gold yet, just Release Candidate, which means we might not get an October release.