Leopard - Multiple Computer Installs

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Can somone purchase the single user version but then intsall on 2 computers? What happens if you try? From switching from PC's to Macs, I've noticed a lack of security of program installing. Does this carryover to their OS?

Please hold back the "just pay $70 more dollars, you cheapo" and all that "poo". :D I know people had to of at least tried this, I'm just curious as to what happens.

Thanks.

Jul 2, 2007
Mt Brook, AL
two computers

To my knowledge, you can install the various versions of OS X on more than one machine. I have done so on one occasion to test the OS on an older iMac before buying the upgrade. I have a friend who has always bought the single user version and installed it on all the family Macs. You can also drive 75 mph in a school zone, but that is not right either. I know yuo don't want to hear it, but it is only another &70 to do the right thing.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
To my knowledge, you can install the various versions of OS X on more than one machine. I have done so on one occasion to test the OS on an older iMac before buying the upgrade. I have a friend who has always bought the single user version and installed it on all the family Macs. You can also drive 75 mph in a school zone, but that is not right either. I know yuo don't want to hear it, but it is only another &70 to do the right thing.
Thanks. Oh, I'm aware of the "right" thing and all that. Not debating what I would be doing would be wrong. Just asking if I could. It's like adding ROMs to our phones. Illegal, but no one cares. :D

Thanks for letting me know. Knowing how Apple has been, this may be the first year w/activation similar to MS's Windows*

***that's my guess, no proof or anything, just my guess***

eplantz

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
In the past, you could buy the family version for just $20 more and have a license to install it on 5 computers in your household.