Leopard Question

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
i'm currently running mac os and windows xp on 1 partition drive...i want to upgrade the mac os to leopard...but i want to make sure that this will have no affect to my windows partition....i know that boot camp comes with leopard...i already have boot camp installed and obviously use that to switch between windows and mac

will leopard screw anything up that i currently have (on the windows partition)?

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
i'm currently running mac os and windows xp on 1 partition drive...i want to upgrade the mac os to leopard...but i want to make sure that this will have no affect to my windows partition....i know that boot camp comes with leopard...i already have boot camp installed and obviously use that to switch between windows and mac

will leopard screw anything up that i currently have (on the windows partition)?
I don't think anybody can honestly answer your question until Leopard is out. However, Apple says this about Bootcamp (in the description of the 300+ new features):

"Already running Boot Camp? Even easier.
If you’re already working with Boot Camp Beta, you’re practically finished before you start. All you need is some new drivers. To install them, simply start up your Mac in Windows and update the drivers from the Leopard DVD."

It seems to me that yes, it should work with some additions.