Leopard Release Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Spent about a day cleaning up my hard drive. Cloned my backup firewire drive to a new internal hard dive that I installed yesterday using Carbon Copy Cloner (very excellent software). I then plan on doing a Carbon Copy of my existing desktop hard drive to the firewire drive. I then plan on doing my clean install of Leopard that I'm estimating will happen around 7pm tonight (if the lines aren't that bad).

For some reason, I haven't been super excited about this release UNTIL NOW. This week I've been very jazzed about upgrading. AppleInsider has a great screenshot gallery. Plenty of eye candy to get everyone excited.:p

-Chris

gijohn

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
One of the benefits of a partitioned hard drive. 2 hard drives in my G5, 5 partitions. Always install new OS on one of the partitions and play with it for awhile until some of the bugs are worked out. Just set my start -up disk.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
One of the benefits of a partitioned hard drive. 2 hard drives in my G5, 5 partitions. Always install new OS on one of the partitions and play with it for awhile until some of the bugs are worked out. Just set my start -up disk.
I thought I had it all figured out, but again a change in my grand master plan. I'm going to pickup a larger internal HD to replace the original. Partition that as you've mentioned -- one for OS, one for Stuff. OS will get carbon copied or Time machine'd to the Firewire Drive. In case of a failure, I've got a boot up disk via firewire. Stuff will get backed up to the new secondary drive. Only took me 24 hours or so to figure this out.:p

Do you have your home folder go to one of the partitions?

-Chris

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Leopard has arrived!
The box, of course, is very sleek.
I'm opening the box now... installation to begin momentarily.
I'll post pics once I get the install going.
:laugh2:

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Installation has begun... you can tell it's gonna take a looong time.

BTW, Chris, I wasn't that psyched about the update either. I just thought "Well, it's nice, and I guess I'd like to have the latest OS." But, now, wel, yeah, I look like my avatar. Very psyched.

tdefriez

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Got it up and running an made first sync to iPhone

Install took about 1hr on Intel Macbook Pro. Beware it sits for about 5 minutes apparently doing nothing at the start of the install. Had to tidy up Entourage and had several duplicates generated via sync services on the first iPhone sync. Testing out notes and to do now

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Ha!
It's Instaling hour just said 5 hours and 56 minutes remaining... now, two minutes later, it says 4 hours and 54 minutes. This shouldn't take long at about an hour a minute! :laugh2:

(Yes, I am in a good mood.)

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Installation successful and Leopard is now available!
I must say... Leopard is awesome. Haven't really had time to explore, still setting up everything, but yeah. It's great.

My first post from Leopard!

Uploading pictures to Flickr... soon to follow.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Mine apparently was delivered this morning so I might hit it tonight, if not then on Sunday. I plan to do a wipe of my drive with a totally fresh install. There really is nothing on there that I care about losing since I backed my music and photos up already. So I really hope for a faster install and I really hope my computer comes to life since it has been such a dog lately...

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Installation successful and Leopard is now available!
I must say... Leopard is awesome. Haven't really had time to explore, still setting up everything, but yeah. It's great.

My first post from Leopard!

Uploading pictures to Flickr... soon to follow.
Don't make us feel all jealous. Still 65 minutes till they open the store. I am #20 or so in line.