Leopard's Quick Look on iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
First, if you haven't watched the WWDC Keynote, please do that first.

During the keynote, Steve demo's a new feature in Leopard called Quick Look. Here's the overview of what it does:

Using Quick Look in Leopard, you can view the contents of a file without even opening it. Flip through multiple-page documents. Watch full-screen video. See entire Keynote presentations. With a single click.
Since the iPhone runs OS X, tell me Quick Look will not be on the iPhone, allowing you to view many different file types. It looks to be a perfect fit! :eek:

the PHDs

Bronze
May 21, 2007
i need some help....
for some reason the keynote wont play on my mac... idk maybe my quicktime wont work or something....
does anyone have another lnk to watch it?

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
The iPhone may not be running Leopard, but that doesn't mean Apple couldn't make a version of it for the iPhone. It just seems like the perfect type of viewer for the iPhone and Apple has already built it.

Lob

Bronze
Jan 22, 2007
Glastonbury, CT
We had this discussion before about iPhone and Leopard. iPhone runs on core animation which is only found in Leopard. I believe Quicklook will work but it probably won't be out until leopard is released. Also, the new Finder has some powerful sharing capabilities and I believe if you have a .Mac account you will be able to access you home machine and flip through the files. We are all going to have to wait in see.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
We had this discussion before about iPhone and Leopard. iPhone runs on core animation which is only found in Leopard. I believe Quicklook will work but it probably won't be out until leopard is released. Also, the new Finder has some powerful sharing capabilities and I believe if you have a .Mac account you will be able to access you home machine and flip through the files. We are all going to have to wait in see.
Yeah, Leopard and .Mac helps you locate your remote mac to access the files. Very cool!

This isn't so much about Leopard on iPhone as it is about something like Quick Look on iPhone. Just as Safari 3 is now available for Tiger, Quick Look could be made to run on the iPhone.

Doesn't it seem like Quick Look would be a great fit for the iPhone? :)

Lob

Bronze
Jan 22, 2007
Glastonbury, CT
Oh hell yeah that would rock! But remember Safari is only a beta right now. Plus there are some features with Safari that are not in the version we just received. There will be a button on Safari so you can make your own widgets. Were going to have to wait and see.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Oh hell yeah that would rock! But remember Safari is only a beta right now. Plus there are some features with Safari that are not in the version we just received. There will be a button on Safari so you can make your own widgets. Were going to have to wait and see.
Yeah, clippings is going to be awesome. The keynote demo seemed to show a more mature version and it really looks great.

I don't think it would be difficult for Apple to slide a compatible form of Quick Look onto the iPhone, at least the viewing part of Quick Look, especially because we need to view all of these file formats.