Less than 24 hours now till Keynote.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
So, I know everyone has their predictions, but does anyone really think that there is something to really get excited about?
I have high hopes, but very low expectations. I mean, the latest version of firmware for the iPhone MIGHT be something, but I'm just not feeling it. Not when my configs I have now are exactly what I need/want.
I think the new tiny laptop that has been speculated about( with the solid state hard drive) is something to look forward to - provided that it carries enough drive space. Anything less than 100GB I consider too small, but everything else i have read makes it sound like a great little notebook.
That's about it.
Everyone keep your fingers crossed and lets all hope that everything we have clamored about since i-Day becomes reality. Of course, be prepared for possible dissappointment, just in case Apple takes a left turn suddenly and leaves us all out in the cold...again.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
i am so excited for the keynote!

i just realized, though, that i have lunch scheduled with a co-worker for tomorrow at noon (9:00 am pacific time)! crap! i was planning to be glued to the internet at that time to find out what was going on at the keynote. i wonder if she'll notice if i leave my iPhone on the table and check it every 30 seconds. :p

i am looking forward to an ultra-portable - my macbook has been giving me enough problems that i just want to upgrade, get the macbook fixed under the Applecare warranty i luckily got with it, and then sell that puppy. i do hope we'll see the iPhone firmware update, and that the rumors about it having even more features than we expect from the gearlive leak is true...

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
does anyone know where we can watch this live?
it's not going to be broadcast live - the only way to see it live is to be at macworld expo in person. lots of sites, like engadget and macrumors, will have staff there who will publish announcements as they are made - that's what i do to stay on top of what's being announced that's as close to "live" as possible.

Apple will post a recording of it on their site tomorrow afternoon, in case you want to see it post facto...

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
So, I know everyone has their predictions, but does anyone really think that there is something to really get excited about?
I have high hopes, but very low expectations. I mean, the latest version of firmware for the iPhone MIGHT be something, but I'm just not feeling it. Not when my configs I have now are exactly what I need/want.
I think the new tiny laptop that has been speculated about( with the solid state hard drive) is something to look forward to - provided that it carries enough drive space. Anything less than 100GB I consider too small, but everything else i have read makes it sound like a great little notebook.
That's about it.
Everyone keep your fingers crossed and lets all hope that everything we have clamored about since i-Day becomes reality. Of course, be prepared for possible dissappointment, just in case Apple takes a left turn suddenly and leaves us all out in the cold...again.
I like my 1.1.1 setup a ton right now as well, and have many 3rd party apps that I'm very fond of - but ... it would still be very nice to see:
-- an early release of the SDK
-- an OTA installer system for apps that matches or beats Installer - or better still, Installer sanctioned by Apple
-- Some apple-sanctioned apps that are ready now or nearly ready, and that fit into some of the big missing areas: like a Tasks / To-do list app, an RSS reader, a password vault, a more powerful Note-taking application, video capture / upload
I feel a tad more optimistic than you, but I also feel prepared to have my optimism mercilessly crushed - so perhaps not that much more otpimistic ...

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I don't think the 2008 Keynote can possibly be as dazzling as last year's. We'd be waiting for the iPhone for years and it was (just about) as exciting as we anticipated it. There's no way any product or service we haven't thought about can come out. I hope I'm wrong.

tyoung

Bronze
Nov 1, 2007
So Cal
I think there may not be a whole lot in there iPhone related. As stated already, last year was HUGE and would be hard to beat. Jobs doesn't disapoint though, so I'm sure there will be plenty to keep Apple fans happy.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
CHRIS...better get the new RANT section ready on the forum if Stevo just throws out bugfixes.:(

I think there may not be a whole lot in there iPhone related. As stated already, last year was HUGE and would be hard to beat. Jobs doesn't disapoint though, so I'm sure there will be plenty to keep Apple fans happy.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I will (unfortunately) been in school during the Keynote, as it'll be noon here when it begins. When I get home, I'm going straight to Apple's website, not looking at anything, finding the video, and watching.

I'm so mad that I can't be there. I would be landing in San Fran right about now if I had gone. :mad:

- John

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
CHRIS...better get the new RANT section ready on the forum if Stevo just throws out bugfixes.:(
and setup the auto-forward so they all go directly to Apple/Steve..

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I will (unfortunately) been in school during the Keynote, as it'll be noon here when it begins. When I get home, I'm going straight to Apple's website, not looking at anything, finding the video, and watching.

I'm so mad that I can't be there. I would be landing in San Fran right about now if I had gone. :mad:

- John
If it's like last year, the Keynote won't be online right away.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
It should be up on Apple's site pretty soon after it's done - Apple's even promoting it on their home page now, saying 'tomorrow afternoon' - so I bet you don't have to wait much ...

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
It should be up on Apple's site pretty soon after it's done - Apple's even promoting it on their home page now, saying 'tomorrow afternoon' - so I bet you don't have to wait much ...
Indeed.

- John

Last edited by a moderator:

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
I just hope they don't announce the next gen iPhone, show it to us, and then say it will be out in like 5 months. Couldn't stand the wait last year. Plus it will just make my current iPhone all the more lackluster. Just thought of this scenario.

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
I just hope they don't announce the next gen iPhone, show it to us, and then say it will be out in like 5 months. Couldn't stand the wait last year. Plus it will just make my current iPhone all the more lackluster. Just thought of this scenario.
Honestly this is what I expect to happen.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Me too. I expect an annoucement on the 3g phone w/more disk space.