Let me get this straight...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Mr D

Bronze
Sep 13, 2007
The unlocked iPhones on eBay that are going for $500.00 + are just unlocked by a normal program I can just download to my computer and unlock the iPhone with?

I mean I can just go to the Apple store right now, buy the iPhone, bring it home, download the software to unlock it, then post it up on eBay?

Am I missing something?

kdarling

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NJ, NC, CO
Most probably are done with software alone.

Some are unlocked via a hardware hack instead.

The fanciest unlock is by using an intelligent piggyback SIM, which is programmed to lie to the phone and say it's still on AT&T.

Mr D

Bronze
Sep 13, 2007
I know there is a app download on Apps you can just download it and it will unlock the phone...

fyouhataz

Sep 12, 2007
I know there is a app download on Apps you can just download it and it will unlock the phone...
ya but if i was u i wouldn't unlock it because Apple and AT&T are starting to void all warrantys for hacked and unlocked ihpones. so your choice.

socalkevin21

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
WOW! Where did it get sold on? Ebay?
Apple has now set a limit of 5 phones to be sold to one such customer. After 5 (even if it is a different transaction/different day) you are required to sign a release form stating you are not using them for resale. They track this through serial #'s on the phones. Apple legal has a big hand in this.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Apple has now set a limit of 5 phones to be sold to one such customer. After 5 (even if it is a different transaction/different day) you are required to sign a release form stating you are not using them for resale. They track this through serial #'s on the phones. Apple legal has a big hand in this.

That is interesting, I just saw yesterday where someone bought 51 phones at Apple store, and the salesmen said he sold 20 phones to one person the day before.