Let me make sure I have this right (jailbreak 1.1.1)...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I was able to confirm today the my iPhone (Christmas gift) has firmware 1.1.1. I was able to convince the wife I should make sure it worked. I wouldn't want to be disappointed Christmas morning with an sad Mac face when I turn it on. I did the *3000#12345#* trick to get the firmware version (04.01.13_G » Firmware Version 1.1.1).

I want to jailbreak and then upgrade to 1.1.2. I've been doing so much reading about it in the last few days I think I'm starting to confuse myself so I want to make sure I have the right steps.

1. Activate phone with AT&T
2. go to jailbreakme.com with Safari and download the Appsnapp
3. get Oktoprep from the installer in the tweaks area
4. upgrade to 1.1.2 and go to jailbreakme.com again

I understand I have it pretty easy with 1.1.1 otb, but are these steps right or am I missing anything. Thanks for the help.

Sep 23, 2007
i just wnated to know from after i do this how do i download themes from the computer to my iPhone im so lost with that please im tired of the installer themes

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
I was able to confirm today the my iPhone (Christmas gift) has firmware 1.1.1. I was able to convince the wife I should make sure it worked. I wouldn't want to be disappointed Christmas morning with an sad Mac face when I turn it on. I did the *3000#12345#* trick to get the firmware version (04.01.13_G » Firmware Version 1.1.1).

I want to jailbreak and then upgrade to 1.1.2. I've been doing so much reading about it in the last few days I think I'm starting to confuse myself so I want to make sure I have the right steps.

1. Activate phone with AT&T
2. go to jailbreakme.com with Safari and download the Appsnapp
3. get Oktoprep from the installer in the tweaks area
4. upgrade to 1.1.2 and go to jailbreakme.com again

I understand I have it pretty easy with 1.1.1 otb, but are these steps right or am I missing anything. Thanks for the help.
Not quite right. After step 3 you need to download This and run it to re-jailbreak the 1.1.2

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
is the procedure any different for already jailbroken 1.1.1 phones?
You would just need to install the oktoprep, and then upgrade to 1.1.2 (be sure to upgrade and not restore!) and then run the 1.1.2 jailbreak and you have a spiffing spanky new 1.1.2 jailbroken phone. Good isn't it?

If it's unlocked as well there's an extra couple of steps - see the guide for that one if that's the case

tiguy99

Bronze
Nov 28, 2007
Chicago
Don't just give up like that Rich. You gotta learn to search and explore for what you want. If you put your mouse over the top tabs you'll find the same instructions for the mac user....

http://www.hacktheiPhone.com/112/iPhone_update_112_unlock_mac_1_easy.html

If you read the page you'll see most of the work is done on the phone itself and the only part you really need the mac for is for the jailbreak install and iTunes and you're done