let steve jobs know how you feel...

cflamm

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
i just sent this email to sjobs@mac.com and sjobs@pixar.com.
i seriously doubt he'll even see it, but maybe if we all flood his email with complaints, he might have to make good on his wrong. it's worth the minute it will take you to write it and it just MIGHT make a difference.

I for one, know the penalty of early adoption, but a HUGE price break in just 2 months! ridiculous. mark my word, come end of september or at least by xmas, 16gb iPhone for $499.

here's the email i sent:

"i have been an Apple customer for 25 years, preferring the mac OS over windows any day of the week.

when the first mac came out, bought it.
when the powerbook came out, bought it.
when the imac came out, bought it.
when the g3 came out, bought it.
when the g4 came out, bought it.
when the g5 came out, bought it.
when the ipod came out bought it.

WHEN THE iPhone CAME OUT, STOOD IN LINE FOR 8 HOURS, BOUGHT IT.
2 months later you reduce the price by $200. 2 MONTHS!
way to completely screw over the Apple faithful.
you need to make good on this immediately! maybe a $200 gift certificate to iTunes store, or something. i don't know. i'm sure you can come up with something as innovative as you are.

i never considered another company for my future computing needs but boy am i now.

thanks so much steve.

carl XXXX
XXXXX (city)
XXXXX (phone)"

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
i just sent this email to sjobs@mac.com and sjobs@pixar.com.
i seriously doubt he'll even see it, but maybe if we all flood his email with complaints, he might have to make good on his wrong. it's worth the minute it will take you to write it and it just MIGHT make a difference.

I for one, know the penalty of early adoption, but a HUGE price break in just 2 months! ridiculous. mark my word, come end of september or at least by xmas, 16gb iPhone for $499.

here's the email i sent:

"i have been an Apple customer for 25 years, preferring the mac OS over windows any day of the week.

when the first mac came out, bought it.
when the powerbook came out, bought it.
when the imac came out, bought it.
when the g3 came out, bought it.
when the g4 came out, bought it.
when the g5 came out, bought it.
when the ipod came out bought it.

WHEN THE iPhone CAME OUT, STOOD IN LINE FOR 8 HOURS, BOUGHT IT.
2 months later you reduce the price by $200. 2 MONTHS!
way to completely screw over the Apple faithful.
you need to make good on this immediately! maybe a $200 gift certificate to iTunes store, or something. i don't know. i'm sure you can come up with something as innovative as you are.

i never considered another company for my future computing needs but boy am i now.

thanks so much steve.

carl XXXX
XXXXX (city)
XXXXX (phone)"
Completely Agree.
However, I don't think I'll email Steve. I sent it to Apple via the iPhone story part on their website. I'm really loyal to Apple, but this puts a huge dent in my loyalty. Sorry Apple.

cflamm

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
good idea, macmanpro.

i just sent this on "share your story:"

"bought iPhone on opening day. stood in line for 8 hrs. got the 8gb for $630.00 with tax. have loved it until today. Apple faithful for 25 years. spent roughly $20,000.00 on your products since then.

just saw ipod keynote. iPhone price drop of $200.00 in 2 months! i know there's a price for adopting a product early and supporting you, but THIS IS RIDICULOUS! sure prices go down as technology gets better. i understand. But this is the way you reward the Apple faithful?!?

now every time i look at or use my wonderful iPhone, it's going to remind me of this day and how the company whom i have supported for years, took complete advantage of me.

thanks Apple. you may have just lost a customer."

bit_runner

Sep 5, 2007
good idea, macmanpro.

i just sent this on "share your story:"
thanks Apple. you may have just lost a customer."
Good idea... I also shared my story, and sent the following email to support@Apple.com:

Dear Apple,

I am very upset. Like so many other early adopters, I bought the iPhone on launch day. I spent two hours waiting in line outside in the Texas summer heat. I forgave the lack of real Exchange server support (that I hoped would be temporary). I forgave the lack of 3rd party apps. I believed that many great apps would be coming through software updates. I bought the iPhone.

Now, two months later I have no new applications, no new features, no corporate exchange support, and you have depreciated my *very* expensive purchase by 1/3 for those 2 months of waiting. I even went without it for a week while it was shipped off for repair. This is outrageous. This is insulting to those that supported the iPhone. You've made the very people who enthusiastically hyped the product look like chumps, and I for one don't like to be humiliated. This is a tipping-point issue with Apple for me, among others including quality. Out of the 5 Apple products that I have owned, 4 of them have had quality issues or needed repair - including the iPhone. After each issue, I was disappointed but amicable. I cannot continue to be after this.

This price drop is a slap in the face to early adopters, and will be the last straw for me personally with Apple. If there is no compensation at all for early adopters to come, then I am completely done with Apple and any future products. Not only that, but Apple will have earned at least $200 in negative word-of-mouth advertising to anyone who will listen (and at my advertising rates, this is should last for years).