Let the lines begin

juzcallmeg0d

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
AT&T store near me says they have gotten many calls that people will camp. I asked what the chances are to be there in the morning and getting one, she told me if I was in the first 150 people but they can also backorder a phone for you if you don't get it tomorrow. Meaning, they only got 150 phones.
150 phones seems like a lot to me. considering all the locations and the fact that it takes TIME to buy it because it must be activated and everything. say AT&T is open from 8 am to 10 pm (just a guess). they MIGHT be able to sell out the first day, if there is a constant stream of customers being served 3 at a time.

thats my calculations. 150 phones seems like a pretty good amount. i also don't think a lot of the more casual buyers will want to wait in the long ass line for a couple hours and will decide to just come back another day.

Nemss316

Bronze
Jun 17, 2008
St. Louis, MO
No Line in Rochester, MN. Hopefully the threat of hail, tornadoes and the wrath of God will keep people away until at least 5 AM tomorrow:p
it won't........

Sorry, thats how it goes in my area (right by STL). We are still having Wii phenememon here, and we had severe weather for three weeks straight, and our local stores still had lines of people waiting. Hopefully your area is different!

flabyboy

Jun 25, 2008
Minnesota
it won't........

Sorry, thats how it goes in my area (right by STL). We are still having Wii phenememon here, and we had severe weather for three weeks straight, and our local stores still had lines of people waiting. Hopefully your area is different!
We are the midwest headquarters for IBM. Not as many Apple fans in this area

jeremymobile

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I was hoping for thunderstorms, but now that I am going to be inline all night.........Crap its cloudy.

jeremymobile

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I am wondering how many store's are starting to get lines? Is it #1's fault there is a line here (I think so thats why i hate him). I don't think that the draw is going to be as big as the first. I mean I only saw 1 3g commercial on TV.

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
I am wondering how many store's are starting to get lines? Is it #1's fault there is a line here (I think so thats why i hate him). I don't think that the draw is going to be as big as the first. I mean I only saw 1 3g commercial on TV.
Did you ask him why he had to start the line so early?

You have an awful lot of time to get to know each other. Maybe you can cut some sort of deal where you take turns waiting...

Gosh, that really makes me sound like an elementary school teacher, so let me add... Then, when it's your turn to wait, you can scoot up to #1; when he comes back, pretend you've never seen him before in your life and have no idea why he keeps inisisting that he was ahead of you in line. :D

jeremymobile

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
yes what if I have to take a crap. I mean I can hold it for a few hours, but all night. I don't know, there might be some angry people if i let one go.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Since you're number 2, isn't it technically your fault there is a line? Because before you, #1 was all by himself - and that doesn't qualify as a "line". :laugh2:

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
lol...

I would let someone in front of me to avoid the "#2" monicker, personally.

cabinets

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007
Atlanta Ga
My plan is to get up at 3:30, and wait until 8. I'm really hoping a line doesn't form between now and then. :sick:
mine was to arrive at 5:00. After calling several att stores, they are saying people are in their cars waiting on a line to form. Now I may arrive by 3:00. I'm 41 #@$% years old. I'm too damn old for this.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
mine was to arrive at 5:00. After calling several att stores, they are saying people are in their cars waiting on a line to form. Now I may arrive by 3:00. I'm 41 #@$% years old. I'm too damn old for this.
Haha, 41 isn't too old for some classic line-waiting fun :cool:

Any idea on what you're going to do for that duration? I haven't made a game plan to pass time.