Let's ask a question to the next person

Je2180

Bronze
Jul 15, 2010
New York
Of my dad carrying me around everywhere he went.

If you could change something at Apple what would it be?

Sent using iCafe app

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
If you could change something at Apple what would it be?
I would change their stance on jailbreaking iOS so that they would quit trying to block it and join forces with the dev teams to keep the system open while also preventing piracy.

If you were forced to eat only one basic meal for every meal the rest of your life what would it be?

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Whatever the replicator came up with.

Can you say "Red leather. Yellow leather" quickly 3X without getting your tongue tied?
Sent using iCafe app
No I can't say it lol!

If you were to be teleported, would the person re materializing be really you or a copy?

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
No I can't say it lol!

If you were to be teleported, would the person re materializing be really you or a copy?
Don't feel bad, I couldn't say it either :)

With a properly calibrated teleportation unit I can guarantee that at least 99.34% of me would be original material. The other .66% would unfortunately be made up of interpolated antimatter and trace amounts of random isotopes left over from the Big Bang.

Why does time seem to go by fast when you're focused on a specific task and tend to crawl along when your mind is not engaged with anything in particular?

Reactions: snowtrooper1966

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Don't feel bad, I couldn't say it either :)

With a properly calibrated teleportation unit I can guarantee that at least 99.34% of me would be original material. The other .66% would unfortunately be made up of interpolated antimatter and trace amounts of random isotopes left over from the Big Bang.

Why does time seem to go by fast when you're focused on a specific task and tend to crawl along when your mind is not engaged with anything in particular?
I can. :p

You reminded me of the scene from Breaking Bad where Walt is breaking down the elements of the body into percentages, comes up just shy of 100% and says, “It seems like something’s missing, doesn’t it? There’s got to be more to a human being than that.”

It has to do with our sense of entitlement and perception of time. People tend to really focus on time and get frustrated when they feel a reasonable amount of time for an certain event to occur has passed. Some airports have figured out that they can increase customer satisfaction by moving the baggage claim areas farther from the terminals because people don't notice the time as much when they are busy walking to a baggage claim that is far away than when they are standing there just waiting for their luggage at a baggage claim that is close to the terminal. The luggage arrives at the same time so it's win/win for everyone. Prior to realizing that, they couldn't find ways to speed up the actual baggage arrival times to a satisfactory level based on customer feedback.

If you could redesign the human body and make two changes, what would they be?

Reactions: Kadelic

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Make its self-healing abilities much faster, and make it able to eat lots more pizza without getting fat.

Have you ever gotten stuck in an elevator with someone so sexy that you were in no hurry to get out?

Reactions: Europa

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Best feature: his deep, deep love for penguins.

Worst feature: His habit of only drinking half pints of beer.

Have you ever had a favorite local bar or pub where everybody knew your name?

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
Sorry to say but yes, however I have lasted longer than it did.

Toilet paper unroll toward you or away from you?

snowtrooper1966

Genius
Gold
Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
I had 3 day old Tiberius Anthony Barron vrs 1.0 pass in my arms 31 months ago.
Worst moment of my life.

Too near to death if you ask me.....

Odd thing is it actually brought Mrs Snowtrooper and I closer together.
It also keenly brought into focus just how precious every moment is with the little ones, and has gone a long way in helping us deal with all of 20 month old Tiberius Anthony Barron vrs 2.0's many serious health issues and open heart surgeries.
Every day is a gift and we celebrate each moment....
probably why I post so many pix here of my little ones, more than most parents. Just so proud and happy with every little detail of their lives.

If you could live anywhere on the planet, where would it be?

Reactions: patrickj

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
What's your favorite motivational saying?
"Honor Necessity." Attributed to Michael Smith aka "The Man From Mars," a character in Robert Heinlein's novel Stranger in a Strange Land.

If you could permanently alter any one of your physical attributes what would it be? For example, hair color, eye color, taller/shorter, etc.