Let's crack that 1.1.2, Dev Team!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

cypher23

Nov 6, 2007
Alrighty...1.1.2 is now officially out almost everywhere we look. After reading the millions of iPhreaks out there successfuly unlocking and jailbreaking (or vice versa) the 1.1.1, I bought an iPhone in the hopes of following in their footsteps. Unfortunately for me, I got stuck with a 1.1.2 and now I'm reading all the posts that say the Dev Team is working on getting anySIM to work with the new firmware. I don't want to be one of those who whine and complain about when and how much longer it will take...I want to be one of those guys that help facilitate the process. What does the Dev Team need? I read another post saying that they don't even have the 1.1.2 hardware to work on. Donate. Donate. Donate. We need to get 1.1.2 unlocked! Let's help them out!

Doby45

Silver
Aug 21, 2007
Powder Springs, GA
I would say there is less of a "demand" to unlock the 1.1.2 because most of the people with the 1.1.2 are still using AT&T and are happy with the jailbreak. Not saying that people with 1.1.2 do not want it unlocked for another carrier, but the percentage is much smaller.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
I agree Doby - in the UK nearly 1 in 3 people are on O2 anyway. Now you can do the essential job of customising ringtones - I can see that most people will be happy to stay locked, or happy to switch as I was.

A jailbreak satisfies the hacking-curious, and I wouldn't want to miss out on the brilliant visual voicemail and the unlimited data (even if it is slow) that the O2 gives me.

Also - being a party pooper, unlocking the phones just pushes up the price of the hardware. Apple and the carrier will get their profit from somewhere.

Bill Gates

Bronze
Oct 24, 2007
I agree Doby - in the UK nearly 1 in 3 people are on O2 anyway. Now you can do the essential job of customising ringtones - I can see that most people will be happy to stay locked, or happy to switch as I was.

A jailbreak satisfies the hacking-curious, and I wouldn't want to miss out on the brilliant visual voicemail and the unlimited data (even if it is slow) that the O2 gives me.

Also - being a party pooper, unlocking the phones just pushes up the price of the hardware. Apple and the carrier will get their profit from somewhere.

Apple will make money no matter what. so they should just FREAKIN UNLOCK EM ALL