Let's Golf vs. Tiger Woods?

Mavery003

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
Let's Golf looks like a pretty awesome golf game app, but I'm wondering if Tiger Woods is a) going to be a better golf game b) is it worth the wait and c) is it going to be way more expensive than the $5.99 for Let's Golf?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Let's Golf looks like a pretty awesome golf game app, but I'm wondering if Tiger Woods is a) going to be a better golf game b) is it worth the wait and c) is it going to be way more expensive than the $5.99 for Let's Golf?
Don't really know about your questions,I am not a golfer, but I do know the app is still about 2 months from release.

Mavery003

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
Well I bought it, and first impressions are pretty good. I've only had a chance to play one 9-hole tournament with my character on easy mode, and it was definitely pretty easy...my prize was also a dress haha? (Probably because there is also a girl character) But in any case the game seems worth the $6 bucks and has a Hot Shots Golf feeling to it. There also seems to be quite a few modes of play between tournaments, multiplayer, a mode that randomly selects 3 holes from different courses. Just need to convince a cheap friend of mine to buy it so we can battle on the course rather than in damn Tap Tap Revenge

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Let me be the one to defend "Tiger Woods PGA Tour."

First, I'll say this is my absolute favorite game on the iPhone. Most games are so intense that I have to psych myself up to play them. This is quite relaxing when I'm not hitting it into the rough.

But, let me say that this is not for the faint of heart. This is a SUPER serious golf game. It has a high learning curve and even on "Easy" it's pretty tough to blow the competition away.

I feel it's worth every penny of the $9.99 price, even though I get my butt routinely kicked.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I'm not a golfer in real life but I have to admit I do like that Tiger Woods PGA Tour. I plan to purchase it when I get the new iPhone. I really like the smooth movements by the players from what I have seen on YouTube demos.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Ughhhh.. I just bought Tiger Woods PGA Tour a few days ago and now it goes on sale for $6.99. Just my kinda luck. I guess I need to learn to be more patient.

azsprty

Jun 10, 2009
Valley of the Sun
I have Let's golf and TW now and TW is way harder...but more enjoyable and more realistic than lets golf

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I have Let's golf and TW now and TW is way harder...but more enjoyable and more realistic than lets golf
That's what I like about Tiger Woods. The graphics seem so smooth from watching it on YouTube. I haven't played it yet. I downloaded it for my new iPhone 3GS when it arrives.

john_T

Silver
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
Let's Golf is also $0.99. GREAT DEAL.

iTrey.Bates

Bronze
Jul 9, 2008
Texas
so i have both games also and i think lets golf is a way better games for a few reasons...it has nice smooth anie style graphics and it was only 99 cents for a game that is just as good as a 10 dollar game...i don't like tiger woods game because it doesn't have the good arcade game...lets golf has prizes and has a lot of replay value...id advise people to save their money and get lets golf becaquse i think its an all around better game (just my opinion though lol)

Mike12000

Bronze
Oct 22, 2007
Southern Illinois
For those that have Tiger Woods Golf: you're not having any trouble with it locking up or similar problems? I almost bought it earlier this week and all the complaints from the App Store reviewers scared me away.

Jun 19, 2009
Deleting apps

How do I delete an app once it's on my phone?

Mike12000

Bronze
Oct 22, 2007
Southern Illinois
How do I delete an app once it's on my phone?
To remove it from your phone click the apps tab (near the top) in your iTunes iPhone screen that your sync from. Uncheck the apps you want removed from your phone. To actually delete an app permanently from your computer (Warning: Than it's gone, gone, gone) Click Apps in your iTunes left sidebar. A screen will load showing all the apps you have on your computer. If I remember right, right-click the one you want to remove, you'll get a pop-up menu with a delete option.

iTrey.Bates

Bronze
Jul 9, 2008
Texas
hold your finger down on the app till they start shaking and then click the "x" in the top corner of the app

Jun 10, 2009
For those that have Tiger Woods Golf: you're not having any trouble with it locking up or similar problems? I almost bought it earlier this week and all the complaints from the App Store reviewers scared me away.
I have had Tiger Woods Golf for quite a while, first on my V1 iPhone and now on the 3GS, and it has never locked up on me. Loading is really fast on the 3GS. Gameplay is smooth.

I also picked up Let's Golf recently for 99 cents. It is very similar to Hot Shots Golf. It is more arcadey than Tiger Woods Golf.

Both are really good, fun games.

Hinezy

Contributor
Silver
May 24, 2008
Mt.Carmel, PA
I have both games and I enjoy both, but Tiger Woods is way to easy! It's just like it is for the PS3, once you get used to it you dominate and the computer doesn't come close to keeping up. You literally finish tournaments 40 under par while the computer finishes 7 under! If it wasn't so easy or if the computer was better I wouldn't have lost interest.