Let's talk a little about iPhone 3G specifics.

Eninety2

Silver
Jul 22, 2008
accelerometer: anyone know how accurate it is? Is it like a gyroscope? I was debating whether to get some of the new automotive geared apps. (dynolicious)

Anyone know a way of configuring the dock to utilize my computer speakers but not interfere with say WMP 11?

Anyone else realized that if you have multiple pages of apps it pretty much becomes a little game in order to get your apps where you want them? Kind of reminds me of a rubix cube.

Also, I recommend getting tuneup to fix id3 tags and album art. Careful though,i managed to add 3/4 of a gig in doing so.

Got some more, but I'm on the road right now.

Eninety2

Silver
Jul 22, 2008
and why the hell does only one speaker work on the bottom?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
There is only one speaker. The other side is a microphone.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I got SpeedBox. It's the free one. The speedometer is a bit delayed and it doesn't seem to be very accurate. It shows my speed in general. I was in a bus though and it's stop and go. I never tried it in my car on the freeway. And it's not accurate enough to show how fast I'm walking. I guess I don't walk that fast. I only got up to 1 mph. :laugh2:

As far as the multitude of apps, I put the apps I use the MOST on page 1, then in descending order. I got 4 pages of stuff.

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
Could put them in alphabetical order, when your bored.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
accelerometer: anyone know how accurate it is? Is it like a gyroscope? I was debating whether to get some of the new automotive geared apps. (dynolicious)

Anyone know a way of configuring the dock to utilize my computer speakers but not interfere with say WMP 11?

Anyone else realized that if you have multiple pages of apps it pretty much becomes a little game in order to get your apps where you want them? Kind of reminds me of a rubix cube.

Also, I recommend getting tuneup to fix id3 tags and album art. Careful though,i managed to add 3/4 of a gig in doing so.

Got some more, but I'm on the road right now.

i don't get whats so hard about getting the apps were ou want them you simply hold onto them until they all wiggle then its just drag and drop from there how much easier can it get?

and tuneup is that a windows application? or an iPhone app let me know sounds interesting

Eninety2

Silver
Jul 22, 2008
i don't get whats so hard about getting the apps were ou want them you simply hold onto them until they all wiggle then its just drag and drop from there how much easier can it get
and tuneup is that a windows application? or an iPhone app let me know sounds interesting
The motion in itself is not hard, what I was talking about is when you move one to a designated spot it scoots the rest over/down/to the next page, etc. Maybe it was just me but it got a little challenging at one point. That's why I used the rubiks cube as a comparison as in that if you fix two rows it screws up the next few.

Tune up I got from downloads.com, I use windows but probably it's available for Macs. It runs parallel with iTunes. Just drag and drop and it fixes
All of the tags and album art. By my figure it's about 90%~95% accurate. Only a few rare albums was it not able to locate.