Let's talk about Distant Shore

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
This has gotta be one of the most creative apps I've seen. You walk along the beach, picking up sea shells and messages in bottles from other people around the world using the same app. If you find five sea shells, you get a bottle to send a message in. You throw it in the water and it will show up on the distant shore of someone else. If someone responds, a freaking turtle will deliver the response to you in his mouth. If you find a message in a bottle, you can respond and a turtle will deliver the message to them too. There are soothing sounds a scenery as you walk too.

It's a lot of fun, worth a dollar! I can't imagine I'll still be excited about this app in a few weeks, honestly, but it's fun for now.

KRAPPS

Bronze
Nov 10, 2008
KRAPPS.com
I honestly can't remember hearing one bad review about it (then again, haven't looked at the lame user reviews in the App Store) ... this seems like a solid app that has flown under the radar and not reviewed by any major site ... will be downloading it tonight.

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
Been contemplating purchasing this for awhile. Looks really neat! :D

Decisions... decisions...

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I think I am going to give it a try.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
It's just such high quality for a dollar, you can tell a lot of thought went into it. They made the bottles rare enough too so that when you find one, it's really exciting.

Feb 14, 2009
The idea of Distant Shore is indeed intriguing. I downloaded it and played it for awhile. Some of the messages that I got were interesting, some were just plain boring. I can see how people would want to kill some time sending and receiving random messages.