Let's talk about why iTunes sucks when using

H

hathaway

Drag and Drop sucks — If you’ve got a lot of playlists, adding music to them is awkward. We’re not sure what the answer would be here, but this is one of those rare cases where drag-and-drop feels primitive.
Can’t use iPod as a music transport with iTunes— Despite the dozens of third-party apps that can easily move music off your iPod and back into iTunes, iTunes itself can’t do it. Yes, there are some political reasons why Apple doesn’t enable this. For one, record companies would freak out. But Apple is quite possibly more powerful than the labels at this point, and it would be great to see it give the proverbial finger to the industry.
iTunes is slow— For most, this isn’t too much of an issue. But we’re a bit OCD when it comes to music, so we have large libraries above the 200 gigabyte mark and iTunes still really can’t handle them. Apple has the average user well under control when it comes to speed, but those of us who are edge cases still suffer through lags, jerky scrolling and everyone’s favorite, the spinning beach ball.
It’s HUGE-I don’t want your program to suck up all my RAM just to listen to music. Could you give people the option to turn off “features” they don’t use. Or offer a lightweight version of iTunes for people who want it to just, you know, play music.

H

hathaway

Can’t use iPod as a music transport with iTunes— Despite the dozens of third-party apps that can easily move music off your iPod and back into iTunes, iTunes itself can’t do it. Yes, there are some political reasons why Apple doesn’t enable this. For one, record companies would freak out. But Apple is quite possibly more powerful than the labels at this point, and it would be great to see it give the proverbial finger to the industry.
Agreed.ipod user couldn't move back the music to computer or iTunes.But,some third-party software do a lot.like [STOP SPAMMING US!] .It's said it can transfer music and video files from iPhone to computer or iTunes.Anyway,it couldn't replace the iTunes.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It’s HUGE-I don’t want your program to suck up all my RAM just to listen to music. Could you give people the option to turn off “features” they don’t use. Or offer a lightweight version of iTunes for people who want it to just, you know, play music.
This is why I wish there was a Winamp clone for Mac's. I really prefer it for just listening to music. There is a clone for Linux, but not Mac, and I havn't been able to find anything comperable and simple. I like how there are infinate skins for Winamp as well since I love customizing.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I agree iTunes does suck...for windows. On mac it feels a lot better. That would be nice if you could somehow disable features so it would open up a little faster.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Classic two-account spam trick, folks.