Let's talk fantasy football!

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I had my draft on Tuesday night and could not be happier with the results. We have a flex position, so QBs in our league are at a premium. I was drafting 6th overall in a 12 team league. We have a few guys pick backs and I was thrilled to see Andrew Luck fall to me. On the return, I ended up drafting the Tony Romo! Cowboys fan + fantasy collide! I almost had Tom Brady for the third season, but he was pick before my turn.

My team is QB heavy. My backs are questionable at best. Adrian Foster was my first back selected and my number two is CJ Spiller. This tandem could be a powerhouse or fade quickly.

Here's the rest of my squad:

QB Andrew Luck

RB Arian Foster

RB C.J. Spiller

WR Eric Decker

WR Alshon Jeffery

WR Andre Johnson

TE Jordan Cameron

FLEX Tony Romo

DST Saints

K Dan Bailey

RESERVES

FLEX DeAndre Hopkins

FLEX Khiry Robinson

FLEX Cecil Shorts

FLEXWes Welker

FLEX Andre Williams
RB | NYG

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
Khiry could be boom or bust for fantasy. Saints are gonna feature him and Mark Ingram with Pierre Thomas as more of a third down back, screen catcher. But Khiry really picked up his blocking and pass catching his offseason. So he could be in more plays, maybe more touches. But I see Coach Payton playing the hot guy more than in years past.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Khiry could be boom or bust for fantasy. Saints are gonna feature him and Mark Ingram with Pierre Thomas as more of a third down back, screen catcher. But Khiry really picked up his blocking and pass catching his offseason. So he could be in more plays, maybe more touches. But I see Coach Payton playing the hot guy more than in years past.
He was my sleeper pick. I had read something positive about him in USA Today. I hear he's had a good pre-season and there is no standout among the other guys. I took a similar gamble with Andre Williams on the Giants. It did pain me to draft a NY Giant, but if he's helping my fantasy team, I'll live with it.

Ideal situation, my 1 and 2 are solid. Worse case, one or two of those guys don't pan out and my sleepers remain sleeping.

Are you guys playing on Yahoo, ESPN or something else?
I play CBS with a bunch of guys. Been in the same league for about 10 years. Same for baseball.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
@chris Mark Ingram broke his hand and is out for about 4 weeks. Khiry Robinson should get more carries in his abense.

Just so happens that my RBs are Mark Ingram and AP. :(
I saw that. He hasn't done much this year and his yards per carry is 3rd among the backs. Maybe he'll get more carries and break out. I've been happy with Adrian Foster. He's been good and CJ Spiller is due. I don't get any credit for his 102 yard return.

In addition to the playoff system, we have a weekly pool. If Luck goes wild tonight, I have a chance to win. That assumes Foles stays quiet. As if I needed yet another reason to root against the Eagles.