Let's talk iOS 7.1 beta 3

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by chris, Jan 7, 2014.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Apple has released iOS 7.1 beta 3. The update is available OTA and via the Apple Developer portal. Here's the complete changelog and release notes.

Notes and Known Issues
    The following issues relate to using iOS SDK 7.1 beta 3 to develop code.

Bluetooth
    Known Issue

32-bit apps running on a 64-bit device cannot attach to BTServer.

CFNetwork
    Notes

A compatibility behavior has been added to address an issue where some web servers would send the wrong Content-Length value for “Content-Encoding: gzip” content. Previously, NSURLConnection and NSURLSession would send a “network connection was lost” / NSURLErrorNetworkConnectionLost (-1005) error in this situation.

The compatibility behavior applies only if the Content-Length value exactly matches the expanded gzip’d content. It won’t apply for “off by 1” or similar miscounting.

iCloud
    Fixed in iOS 7.1 beta 3

Creating a new iCloud account during setup assistant, should no longer give you an error when you enable iCloud Keychain.

Messages sometimes indicates iMessage send failure immediately after sending.

Workaround:Tap the error icon to re-send the message.

Music App
    Fixed in iOS 7.1 beta 3

Audiobooks now play as expected.

Safari
    Notes

A property, minimal-ui, has been added for the viewport meta tag key that allows minimizing the top and bottom bars on the iPhone as the page loads. While on a page using minimal-ui, tapping the top bar brings the bars back. Tapping back in the content dismisses them again.

For example, use <meta name=”viewport” content=”width=1024, minimal-ui”>.

UIKit
    Known Issues

• If a UITextField or a UILabel that is baseline aligned with constraints has attributes that change after the constraints have been added, the layout may be incorrect. The exception to this is -setFont: on UILabel, which should work as expected.Workaround: Avoid making changes in UITextField or UILabel after adding baseline-alignment constraints. If you must make changes, you should remove the constraints and then reapply them afterward. Note that this is a performance hit, so don’t do it unless it is necessary.
    • The backIndicatorTransitionMask from a storyboard or a xib will not be interpreted correctly at runtime.Workaround: Set the backIndicatorTransitionMask in code.

#1 chris, Jan 7, 2014
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
  2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

The incoming call screen... no more photo caller ID? That's a somewhat radical change. I hope we at least have a setting to show the contact picture of the caller, and are not simply forced to look at a black background... (or that this doesn't make it into the final release).

incomingcall.jpg [thumbnail, click to enlarge]

(Disclosure: I have "lifted" the screenshot above from elsewhere on the Internet. I am not running iOS 7.1 beta 3 myself.)

3. TomKlyn

TomKlyn Member
    Bronze

I just downloaded it at home might install it tonight it's staring to look better

And just so everyone knows
    Beta expires on Monday, February 10, 2014 @ 12AM (GMT)

Sent from my ARM64

#3 TomKlyn, Jan 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  4. jmatheron

jmatheron New Member

Don't like the keyboard they changed it back to the old style much preferred ios 7 one, what do other people think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

it's still the ios7 keyboard, just tweaked a bit. mostly just a thicker font used for the characters.

6. TomKlyn

TomKlyn Member
    Bronze

It doesn't look bad though I also had the App Store ask if I wanted to enable auto updates in the first open

Sent from my ARM64

7. TomKlyn

TomKlyn Member
    Bronze

I was reading some other sites the tweak coders don't support the beta iOS so went back to 7.0.4 for the time being

Sent from my ARM64