Letting my brother use iPhone 3G. Need help

Mar 11, 2008
Well im giving my brother my iPhone 3g so how should he activate it? I know it has a built in SIM card but if he syncs it with iTunes on his computer wont it just reactivate my number? Please inform me on how this works because I forgot because I activated it at the Apple store.

Also if he hooks it up to iTunes for the first time on his computer will it activate my number? If it does how can I avoid this?

Haruk

Jul 7, 2008
sim card isn't built in, use sim ejection tool and poke it in the hole at the top, ahve your brother pop his in, and your're set

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Well im giving my brother my iPhone 3g so how should he activate it? I know it has a built in SIM card but if he syncs it with iTunes on his computer wont it just reactivate my number? Please inform me on how this works because I forgot because I activated it at the Apple store.

Also if he hooks it up to iTunes for the first time on his computer will it activate my number? If it does how can I avoid this?
Why are you getting rid of you 3G?

Mar 11, 2008
I work litigation so I need a phone that handles emails well and the 3g isn't what im relaly looking for. I just sold him the 3g so I can save up for the new blackberry thunder !

Mar 11, 2008
Oh thank you for the replies. I guess i heard the Apple sales rep incorrectly. I thought i heard him say the sim card is built in but I guess he meant it already came with a sim card haha. Thanks guys!

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
I think you should not sell you iPhone, all of the email problems are getting fixed with the 2.0.2 update. Apple is not perfect and they are working are getting it 100%. Stay with the iPhone.