LG Envy Vs. iPhone texting

crane98

Jul 11, 2007
Except he's now talking about typing with the numeric keypad...

--
Mike
I brought up the numeric key pad because you made a vague statement saying that the LG requires 2 hands to use. Nowhere in your statement did you specify which keyboard you were referring to, and your argument is stupid because you can use the big keyboard on the LG with one hand if the phone is sitting on something.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I brought up the numeric key pad because you made a vague statement saying that the LG requires 2 hands to use. Nowhere in your statement did you specify which keyboard you were referring to, and your argument is stupid because you can use the big keyboard on the LG with one hand if the phone is sitting on something.
What? Are you 12? Who calls people "retarded" and says an "argument is stupid" on a forum like this?

Your post started off praising the LG and how you can text while driving. First, that's "stupid and retarded" and you shouldn't do that. Second, who types on their phone by placing it on something and using one hand? Are you going to place it on your dashboard and type while you drive?

crane98

Jul 11, 2007
Your post started off praising the LG and how you can text while driving.
If you were able to read and comprehend what you read, you would have realized my main argument was that the iPhone sucks for texting, no matter what context it's in.

I figured the phone would grow on me, but I'm liking it less and less everyday.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
If you were able to read and comprehend what you read, you would have realized my main argument was that the iPhone sucks for texting, no matter what context it's in.

I figured the phone would grow on me, but I'm liking it less and less everyday.
Well, I read and comprehended the first page of 4 pages of your posts, and you are a very good troll. How you haven't been banned is beyond me.

But because I can be an idiot, I'll pretend you're not. At first i didn't like the virtual keyboard. After about a week, I can type much faster than I could on my Treo. I don't like to use it landscape wise because I've learned to type in portrait and I am used to the spacing.

I await your next negative post. :cool:

cdfink08

Jul 17, 2007
okay I have two things to add to this post..I recently had a Cingular 8125 which its keyboard is far better than that of the of the one on the envy and I'm typing just as fast on my iPhones "virtual" keyboard than I did on my ppc and the last thing im going to add is that i seen someone say they could type just as fast as their phone as they could their computer and they also added that they could type very very fast well I can't type upwards to 80-90 words a minute which I consider "very very fast" and I do not believe what so ever you can type that fast on any phone in the world

i typed this on my iPhone:)

crane98

Jul 11, 2007
Well, I read and comprehended the first page of 4 pages of your posts, and you are a very good troll. How you haven't been banned is beyond me.

But because I can be an idiot, I'll pretend you're not. At first i didn't like the virtual keyboard. After about a week, I can type much faster than I could on my Treo. I don't like to use it landscape wise because I've learned to type in portrait and I am used to the spacing.

I await your next negative post. :cool:
What exactly is the point of this forum if you can't complain about the features you want changed?

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
What exactly is the point of this forum if you can't complain about the features you want changed?
i have no problem texting or typing email on it and my thumbs sure don't hurt like they did using the Q, Treo, or a Blackberry. The thing is, you knew it had a touch screen keyboard when you bought it. you had 14 days to try it and take it back. It's a feature of the iPhone that's obviously not going to change. You are entitled to your opinion, and that's exactly what it is. It doesn't need to be argued and taken to levels of throwing around insults. If you don't like the phone, simply take it back or pawn it off on ebay and go back to your enV, which is a good phone even if it does look like a brick.

nyc_rock

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Just for the record, there is no way you can type as fast on the NV's keyboard as you can on a regular full size keyboard. NO WAY.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Just for the record, there is no way you can type as fast on the NV's keyboard as you can on a regular full size keyboard. NO WAY.
Well, depends on your definition of "very very fast." ;)

But seriously even if you could do 80+ WPM on an enV it'd be ludicrous if you couldn't do better on a full sized keyboard. Makes no sense.

--
Mike

nyc_rock

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Well, depends on your definition of "very very fast." ;)

But seriously even if you could do 80+ WPM on an enV it'd be ludicrous if you couldn't do better on a full sized keyboard. Makes no sense.

--
Mike

The only way it makes sense is if you, using a full size keyboard, only use your index finger. Like somebody who has never typed before. If thats what he is talking about, then I guess he would be right. But that would be the stupidist point I have ever heard. If you know how to type, are are using 8-10 fingers on a regular key board. I don't care who you are; two thumbs can not keep up with 8 fingers.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Hey, that's fine and dandy, I've done my share of "complaining" but I've also praised. Have you found nothing you like about the phone?

Back on topic - I find that I can type right around 55 wpm on the iPhone! That's freakin' fast! I couldn't believe it, but I'm doing it consistently.... I doubt I was going that fast on my Treo...