lg voyager

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

slgynn29

Bronze
May 23, 2007
anyone else thinking about switching back to verizon to get the voyager? don't get me wrong i LOVE the iPhone but AT&T service sucks

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
anyone else thinking about switching back to verizon to get the voyager? don't get me wrong i LOVE the iPhone but AT&T service sucks
Sorry for being naive, but what exactly sucks about AT&T? I have not had any problems with them, be it billing issues or service problems. Actually, my signal strength had improved at home since I got my iPhone. When I was using a Treo 750 on AT&T, I could not make calls from home, but now, I can make and receive calls from home on the iPhone.

I guess it's just a curiosity thing that I want to know what bothers everyone about AT&T.

Thanks.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Sad, but true. All wireless companies suck in some way.

Here's my experience with AT&T:

-At activation, I was mistakenly sent a bill for $300. No idea why, and it took several days and very annoying and complicated phone calls to resolve.

-Three weeks later, they suspend my service for no apparent reason. I was on vacation at the time, so was without any service for a week. When I called them, they said that the service had been turned off at my request. I had never given this request. They then charged me a $40 fee for turning the service back on.

- Last month, they "forget" that the iPhone has an unlimited data plan and charge me $456 for data use. Once again, several days and complicated annoying calls.

- Last week, I went to the UK for my Aunt's wedding. When I got back, I received a bill for $1,700 for data usage. And yes, I had EDGE roaming turned off. I just got that resolved yesterday.

daziphone

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Columbus OH
Sorry for being naive, but what exactly sucks about AT&T? I have not had any problems with them, be it billing issues or service problems. Actually, my signal strength had improved at home since I got my iPhone. When I was using a Treo 750 on AT&T, I could not make calls from home, but now, I can make and receive calls from home on the iPhone.

I guess it's just a curiosity thing that I want to know what bothers everyone about AT&T.

Thanks.
Well I really don't have a problem with AT&T it's just that everone I call in NOT on AT&T so I get NO free mins calls!
I thought AT&T had a large cust base but it's not who i call
i have only (1) on my billing that was AT&T ?
i have enough mins but geesh come on AT&T is not a popular
network who? Are all their customers?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
AT&T is one of the largest cellular service providers in the nation. I would say 3/5 of my friends have AT&T. I've also never had anything but great service and customer care with them. Meh, to each his own though.

slgynn29

Bronze
May 23, 2007
i live in a dorm and either have to be hanging out a window to talk or go outside to have a conversation without dropping the call...my room mates have verizon and get service everywhere...its just kinda frustrating i guess

rob22

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I have had only a few dropped calls since I switched back to AT&T. I have only had to be on the phone with them once and they fixed the problem immediately (charged an activation fee by mistake). The service has been just as good as with Verizon and the phone is 1,000 times better than my lame treo 750w.

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
i live in a dorm and either have to be hanging out a window to talk or go outside to have a conversation without dropping the call...my room mates have verizon and get service everywhere...its just kinda frustrating i guess
What's funny about that is this:

When I had Tmobile about 3 years ago (their service was worse than it is now), my partner and I went to Vegas for a trade show (he was on verizon). everywhere we went i had service and he could not make a call for the life of him. the whole trip he was begging to use my phone to make calls and check his voicemail. i guess it all depends on the area. at that time, verizon was a lot larger than tmobile was.

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Sad, but true. All wireless companies suck in some way.

Here's my experience with AT&T:

-At activation, I was mistakenly sent a bill for $300. No idea why, and it took several days and very annoying and complicated phone calls to resolve.

-Three weeks later, they suspend my service for no apparent reason. I was on vacation at the time, so was without any service for a week. When I called them, they said that the service had been turned off at my request. I had never given this request. They then charged me a $40 fee for turning the service back on.

- Last month, they "forget" that the iPhone has an unlimited data plan and charge me $456 for data use. Once again, several days and complicated annoying calls.

- Last week, I went to the UK for my Aunt's wedding. When I got back, I received a bill for $1,700 for data usage. And yes, I had EDGE roaming turned off. I just got that resolved yesterday.
That's really crazy! sorry to hear about all that grief.

i have not experienced that (yet) and hope to not have to. i guess i have just been lucky. i get service almost everywhere i go and the only problem i ever had with my bill (a small one) was resolved immediately.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
As much as I love my iPhone I also get terrible reception and many dropped callse from AT&T. I live just outside L.A. and I can't even get good reception in my house. The worst part of it is ALL my family and most of my friends are with Verizon.
I had totally the opposite with Verizon, I had great reception no matter where I was or where I traveled to and I hardly ever had a dropped call. I was very happy with their cell service.
I have been very disappointed with AT&T, I would have thought they would have improved their cell area some when they were going to get all these new customers from the iPhone.
I wouldn't change because I love my iPhone but if Verizon ever got to be a service provider for the iPhone I would change back in a heartbeat. Maybe it all depends on the area you live in?

scott99

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
Great Neck, NYC
I've had Cingular/At&t for five 1/2 years now and never had a problem with service. Just depends on where you live I guess.

Bingo, we have Bingo. I really think it depends where you live. I live in NYC, and have great reception on Long Island, in Manhattan, and in Jersey City where I work. In fact, I had a Palm Treo 700p from Sprint, and my reception is better with the AT&T iPhone. I also had great reception while up in Boston on vacation. So, unfortunately, it seems to be where you live that matters most, whereas with Verizon, service and reception seem very good everywhere.

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
As much as I love my iPhone I also get terrible reception and many dropped callse from AT&T. I live just outside L.A. and I can't even get good reception in my house. The worst part of it is ALL my family and most of my friends are with Verizon.
I had totally the opposite with Verizon, I had great reception no matter where I was or where I traveled to and I hardly ever had a dropped call. I was very happy with their cell service.
I have been very disappointed with AT&T, I would have thought they would have improved their cell area some when they were going to get all these new customers from the iPhone.
I wouldn't change because I love my iPhone but if Verizon ever got to be a service provider for the iPhone I would change back in a heartbeat. Maybe it all depends on the area you live in?
i live in Porter Ranch (Northridge) and work in Chatsworth. I also go to Staples Center for hockey games about 2x a week. But I have never wanted to make a call since I got the iPhone and couldn't because of no-service.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I live in South OC, Cali. ATT SUCKS here. It's UNREAL the amount of dropped calls we get. When I had Verizon (out here) not ONE dropped call. No exaggeration. We moved from Florida last year (Tampa area) and never had a problem with Verizon either. The only time we've not had a signal with Verizon was in the Grand Canyon, but nothing works there, except land lines.

I'm almost to the point of unlocking and jumping ship to TMO so I can ditch ATT. I knew ATT was bad, but I had NO idea. And to me, living in OC, I would say that's a MAJOR market area, not like Wichita, KS. or somewhere along those lines...

parmele99

Nov 11, 2007
yes same here i have had no problems at all but then again i switched just for the iPhone and i had sprint before now you wanna talk horror stories give them a shot .........grass is always greener huh

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
It is all in where you live. I live in what would consider bum f* nowhere and both Verizon and AT&T work fine. I've only found one place that Verizon got service and I didn't, but I've found about a dozen places that I get service with AT&T and Verizon doesn't. Most of my co-workers have Verizon and when they have to use their cell phones they have to walk outside or to a wall. I just sit in my cube and use it away, it works great. If nothing else, that made the switch so worth it for me. I can finally use my cell phone where I spend most of my hours in the day (in my cube).

Yep, all depends on where you live. Seems that you can live in a big city, but there are spots they just forget to put towers or something.

I live near a big city in Tennessee and T-Mobile was horrible. So I switched to AT&T, which is a little better but still horrible. Between all my travels I found that Verizon worked best for me, but - I am willing to deal to have the iPhone.

Even in San Antonio the calls on AT&T get dropped, on the highway. So weird.