LG "VU" Looks a little bit like a phone we Know.*On AT&T*

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Cause they want to make money. I guarantee their margin on this phone is higher than what they get with iPhone sales.

And I think we're all going to have to get used to phones looking like this. We'll get bragging rights for the next century at least.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I have a feeling that many phones in the future will also resemble the iPhone. It's just natural for companies to try and copy what they envy.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
It's not even a matter of envy. It's just a logical UI for a mobile infomedia device. Apple wasn't the first to do it, and they certainly won't be the last.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
All these clones are getting ridiculous IMO.:cool:

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
The only thing I like about this is it has mobile TV which we see with that ugly verizon phone.BUT that is popular in japan.

I can see it now...
<daydream
New iPhone to have TV receiver!
Blazing 3G speeds coupled with WIFI allow the user to watch their favorite tv shows wherever they please. On your home computer with iTunes. On your iPod. And now Streaming onto your phone.

/daydream>

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
All these clones are getting ridiculous IMO.:cool:
But, it's only ridiculous until they prompt Apple to make a reactionary change. Good examples are A2DP and GPS. These are strong selling points. In time, there will be others. Apple needs to pay heed to these clones. One may actually prove to be a Clubber Lang. :)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
OK here's a question for all those that laugh at every clone that comes out:

Should other manufacturers not introduce large-touchscreen designs simply because the iPhone exists?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
But, it's only ridiculous until they prompt Apple to make a reactionary change. Good examples are A2DP and GPS. These are strong selling points. In time, there will be others. Apple needs to pay heed to these clones. One may actually prove to be a Clubber Lang. :)
That is oh so true. On the day one comes around that makes Apple change something then we know we're looking at a real challenger.

gadha

Mar 25, 2008
it kinda looks like LG viewty but with 2mp camera instead of 5mp

gotpancakes

Bronze
Nov 24, 2007
OK here's a question for all those that laugh at every clone that comes out:

Should other manufacturers not introduce large-touchscreen designs simply because the iPhone exists?
yes. Screw them dudes