LG Vu or 3G iPhone?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I had an original 8gb iPhone and I loved it. The only thing that really bothered me is that it had no MMS and SwirlyMMS was impossible to set up with AT&T.

Well I ended up selling it after six months, for full retail price. People on eBay are such suckers, lol. Now I've been researching the LG Vu which has AT&T TV, and everything the iPhone has, in addition to MMS!

The downside to the Vu though, is that it costs double the price that the iPhone 3G will. (Or is $199 a new contract/upgrade price?) I've also heard that the screen isn't as sensitive as the iPhone.

So which would be a better choice? One thing that's keeping me on the fence is the amazing iPhone 3g commercial. I've seen it about 20 times already. :oops:
No brainer. iPhone!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
OP, looks like you decision has been made for you...

And in just in case my opinion matters, my choice is iPhone.

- John

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
I had an original 8gb iPhone and I loved it. The only thing that really bothered me is that it had no MMS and SwirlyMMS was impossible to set up with AT&T.

Well I ended up selling it after six months, for full retail price. People on eBay are such suckers, lol. Now I've been researching the LG Vu which has AT&T TV, and everything the iPhone has, in addition to MMS!

The downside to the Vu though, is that it costs double the price that the iPhone 3G will. (Or is $199 a new contract/upgrade price?) I've also heard that the screen isn't as sensitive as the iPhone.

So which would be a better choice? One thing that's keeping me on the fence is the amazing iPhone 3g commercial. I've seen it about 20 times already. :oops:
yeah, all the phones come out and "kill" the iPhone in that they offer all the things we say the iPhone lacks. I'm a bit irritated there is no MMS, but i live. I am able to do this because i keep in mind how incredible the iPhone interface is. It seems while all these other phones like vu may offer the features, the phone interface sucks and it runs like big poo poo

MrMciPhone

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
You can't come on an iPhone website and ask whether you should get phone A or an iPhone. Clearly most of these people are biased despite the fact that the iPhone probably (definitely) is the better phone. But did you seriously ask for a comparison of the iPhone and another phone here? Psshh, please.

projectdarkside

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Haha! Thats like asking if a Ferrari is better than a Lamborghini on a Lamborghini forum lol!
-Although I'm not sure what they would say, seeing that they those people probably own both a Ferrari and a Lambo haha!

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
The google maps feature alone on the iPhone has helped me out on several ocassions. When we were traveling and had a flat and needed to find the nearest tire store in a town we were unfamiliar with I pulled out my iPhone and impressed everyone by telling them if we get off at the next exit and turn left there is a Goodyear about a mile away. Everyone was like "wow"!:laugh2:

projectdarkside

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
^^ Now thats cool :)

At school I'm in this club called FBLA, and we were going to a regionals conference and along the way on one of the busiest highways there is a horrible accident! Were in a Bus ofcourse and there's traffic backed up for miles. . .We have no info on whats going on or anything.
-So some random guy sitting in the front of bus who was part of a different school pulls out iPhone, and seconds later tells us that their had been an accident and that in the crash both car were totalled an both cars who had people inside of them had died shockingly everyone in the van had died except for the baby in the carseat :(
Although sad, thats the one time where I could think of an iPhone being useful :)

Oh yeah and the guy also used his iPhone to estimate how much time it would take to get to the conference and how late it we would be, his iPhone also told us it was raining their :) So the iPhone is Wicked useful man, and you cant get as good as you can on the iPhone ya kno!

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
^^ Now thats cool :)

At school I'm in this club called FBLA, and we were going to a regionals conference and along the way on one of the busiest highways there is a horrible accident! Were in a Bus ofcourse and there's traffic backed up for miles. . .We have no info on whats going on or anything.
-So some random guy sitting in the front of bus who was part of a different school pulls out iPhone, and seconds later tells us that their had been an accident and that in the crash both car were totalled an both cars who had people inside of them had died shockingly everyone in the van had died except for the baby in the carseat :(
Although sad, thats the one time where I could think of an iPhone being useful :)

Oh yeah and the guy also used his iPhone to estimate how much time it would take to get to the conference and how late it we would be, his iPhone also told us it was raining their :) So the iPhone is Wicked useful man, and you cant get as good as you can on the iPhone ya kno!
Wow. What a show off :cool:
:)
But it is pretty cool...except last weekend when I didn't know where I was and I was trying to get back to my car, and the phone couldnt locate me, and couldnt find me my directions, even though I had EDGE and full signal "/

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I never really thought about it in such terms, but yes... you are probably right. That's kind of mind-blowing if you think about it.
I wish I could say that, but since at this rate, it seems that Apple makes a new one every year, and I cant stay with one phone for that long. Im not loyal :p

But if the new iPhone is good enough, I probably could be.

It would be kind of cool to have a collection of iPhones. Like say 20 years from now, you have 20 different iPhones. That would be cool. Im going to try to do that :D

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i could understand keeping the first one, because it is such a milestone in mobile technology... but every single one from here on out?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
i could understand keeping the first one, because it is such a milestone in mobile technology... but every single one from here on out?
Idk...that would be kind of interesting...you could see how they progressed each time and stuff. I don't think I can do that, but IMO, it would be cool.

aknightstale41

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
In my view, the iPhone beats the VU hands down, but don't take my word for it, view the Vu next to the iPhone and your view might change.
But thats just my point of view.
I was recently at a funeral, and during the viewing, an old lady was viewing her VU while i was viewing my iPhone, and asked me, why are you viewing your iPhone instead of viewing the VU during the viewing? I said i hate viewing the VU and would rather be viewing the iPhone during the viewing. She then asked, is viewing the iPhone better then viewing the VU during a viewing? Well i said from my point of view it is.
I think i changed her view about viewing a VU during a viewing.
:p

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
iPhone all the way, i have not owned the vu but checked it out at the AT&T store and there really is no comparison to the iPhone.:)

brfdfirefighter

Feb 25, 2008
i did the same thing

It sounds like you did the exact thing that I did. Sold my iPhone on ebay because of no mms and I got the LG VU. I hated the LG after being used to an iPhone, some of the buttons are in a weird place it just didn't seem it was build with cheaper parts. It was not worth it to me I ended up returning the phone and getting a cheap flip phone until the 3G comes out.